Chapter 19

The time Jin returned back home, Ken was having a talk with Jungkook in the living room. 

"What's up Kennie?" asked Jin getting his coat off. 

"Nothing," Ken answered with a wicked smile. "I was just telling Kook about how you locked yourself in a changing room once."

Jungkook giggled recalling Ken's story.

Jin throwed him an annoyed look as he hung his coat on the hanger. "Don't embarrass me in front of Kookie. I'm his role model, you know?"

Ken laughed a little. "When did that happen?" 

"Long time ago." Jin said with a gnaw and turned his gaze towards Jungkook. "How are you feeling, sweetie?"

"I'm fine hyungie." Jungkook sounded cheerful enough and that made Jin ease down. He must save the new home story for later or maybe he should surprise him with that.

"Where'd you go?" Ken asked getting up from the couch. 

Jin cocked his eyebrow and Ken mouthed an 'o'. The elder nodded and dragged him to kitchen, not before giving a loving pat on Jungkook's head. 

"You found a house this soon?" asked Ken in an amused tone, after making sure they were out of Kook's earshot. 

"Well... If you can believe, I already bought one" Jin exclaimed blissfully. "The perfect, you could say."

"What??" Ken hissed, looking frustrated. "Jin how could you be this dumb? I mean, there could be damages in that building. You know, water leaks and stuff?"

Jin shook his head. "I don't think so. They were in a hurry to leave the country and besides, if they were doing something guileful, why did they have to give their furniture too? Only for nine million wons?"

"Both house and furniture for nine million wons?" shouted Ken with disbelief. "Man, such a lucky bastard you are."

"Indeed I am, and guess what the best part is," went on Jin. "It's located in calm street with a small neighborhood. I hope those few are decent enough to not pry into other's businesses."

"Yeah, you're right." agreed Ken. "So when are you gonna move in?"

"Soon, right after I tell my parents." Jin said, biting his bottom lip. "I can't risk him staying here for longer because Joon might barge in sometime."

"For what? To take him back?"

"To take me back, you idiot."

"But still, he can visit you in hospital?" Ken replied with a worried look.

Jin looked down and sighed. "I know, It's not that I didn't think of it but.. I just don't want to put Jungkook between our issues. He should never witness us fighting, not again."

Ken nodded understandingly and patted his back. "I get it. This must be hard for you."

Jin took a deep breath and forced a smile at his friend. "It's alright. By the way, what did director-nim said today? Is he mad at me?"

Ken scrunched his face as if to collect the right words. "Um.. you know, he just grunted at first then went on with a big speech he needed me to share with you."

"What did he say? And what reason did you gave him? Tell me that first."

"I told you're sick and won't be able to leave home for a few days. But he wanted a medical report to assure what I said is true."

"That's ridiculous." commented Jin, placing a saucepan on the stove. "I mean, who goes to see a doctor just for a cold?"

 "Don't ask me." contended Ken. "Guess you'll have to make some fake report."