Lonely upbringing

Third Person PoV

Arisu waited patiently in the chairman's office. She had paid a visit and was instructed to wait for the chairman's arrival so their discussion may begin.

Instead of having her trusty attendant accompany her like usual, Arisu opted to go alone which had suprised her purple haired companion at first but she was more than glad to have free time for herself, so she had no complaints.

Arisu hummed a small tune to herself. It was a bedtime song that her beloved mother had sung to her ever since she was a little girl.

The door finally opened.

" Ah, my dear daughter!" A voice called, a tone full of warm.

Arisu gazed towards the chairman, a small smile forming on her lips.

" Good morning, papa." She greeted sweetly.

The  Chairman approached Arisu and gave her a small embrace, leaving a kiss on her forehead before pulling away.

" Would you like tea?" He asked.

" That's fine. I took the liberty of preparing tea before your arrival." Arisu responded.

Her father chuckled before taking a seat and pouring himself a cup of tea. " As expected of my daughter. Always prepared." He said, proudly.

" Well, you've always told me that the way to success is a difficult road. But with preparation, it'll make things a whole lot easier." Arisu says.

" Yes, indeed. There a lot of factors in being successful, but preparation is the majority among them all. It is the foundation to success." Her father said.