Chapter Two

Serenity closed her eyes, ready to be raped. The sounds of bodies thudding into the ground made Serenity open her eyes curiously. A boy around her age held his hand out. Serenity took it, and he helped her up. Serenity checked her bag and grabbed the Alien cases out to make sure the DVDs were still intact. She sighed in relief. She frowned when the cake she had was gone. "What's wrong?" The boy asked. Serenity frowned.

"My cake's destroyed. I was supposed to take it to Azazel."

"Azazel?" Serenity looked up and got a clearer glimpse at the boy. He was a few inches taller, about 5'7, and had silver hair that was almost white. He had hazel eyes, and Serenity blushed. He smirked at her. "Like what you see?" The boy had definitely caught her checking him out, and Serenity shook her head.

"No!" She stuttered. She grabbed his hand and pulled him to a bakery. She saw a chocolate cake and the boy laughed at her face. He felt bad since the girl seemed really sad about her cake. He picked it out and bought it. "Hey, you didn't have to buy it. I was about to buy it." Serenity pouted. The boy blushed and shook his head.

"I'm assuming it's your birthday?" Serenity's eyes widened. "On the movie case, it said happy birthday."

"Oh yeah. Oh shit I'm sorry! I'm Serenity, thanks for saving me."

"I'm Vali." The boy introduced himself. Serenity's eyes widened.

"Vali? As in Azazel's foster son?"

"Yes, as in Azazel's foster son. Speaking of Azazel. I was going to see him. We can head there together." Vali said. If Azazel knew, she was special. They walked towards Azazel's place.

メメメメメメメメメメメメメメメメ

Azazel heard a knock on his door and went to open it. "Happy Birthday, Serenity!" That's when Azazel noticed Vali. He was holding a cake, and Serenity smiled at Azazel. "What are you doing here?" Azazel grabbed Serenity and held her behind her.

"Vali wanted to see you. Something about a peace treaty."

"So you told her about the supernatural world?" Vali asked. "Plus, I saved your charge from almost getting raped." Serenity smiled and took the cake from Vali. Serenity went into the kitchen. "Relax, I'm not here for a fight. I bought her a cake because seeing her face fall on the previously destroyed cake, killed me on the inside." Vali confessed. "We have the same enemy." Vali said. Azazel knew what he was talking about and invited him in.

"Hey Vali, do you want some ramen? Azazel only has instant ramen, but I have a killer chicken ramen recipe."

"Sure." Vali said. Vali sat down on the couch, and he and Azazel talked about the terms of their agreement.

メメメメメメメメメメメメメメメメ

Serenity watched in anticipation as Vali tried her ramen. Azazel had said that his son should try the ramen, and Serenity was curious about Vali. Vali's eyes widened at the delicious taste. "Oh my Satan, this is good! It's creamy. There's a hint of spice and garlic, too." Serenity smiled as Vali ate the ramen.

"I added a few seasonings to it. Garlic salt, soul food, and butter to make the ramen creamy. It's the Serenity special chicken ramen!" Vali laughed at the girl's ecstatic face. He finished the ramen.

"Thank you." He took the bowl to the sink and washed it.

"Serenity." Azazel whispered. "Why aren't you with Issei?"

"He had stuff to do." Serenity said.

"How about we watch those movies?" Vali said.

メメメメメメメメメメメメメメメメ

Vali hid his powers and escorted Serenity home. They got along great and had exchanged numbers. They said their goodbyes and Serenity was happy that she got a friend. Serenity opened the door and snuck up the stairs. Serenity went into her room and giggled. Vali was sweet when he wanted to be. Serenity was still wary of him being a half devil, but he has told the truth and said he likes hanging out with her. Serenity went to sleep, and Albion and Ddraig were purring at her sides.

メメメメメメメメメメメメメメメメ

Serenity woke up with her alarm going off. She stretched and checked her phone. There was text from Vali asking about her ramen recipe, and Serenity texted him the seasoning. She told him that it was the season to taste. Serenity went downstairs and sat down at the table. Her mom kissed her forehead and smiled. "Did you have fun at Azazel's?" Serenity nodded. Her brother was in the room, so she didn't want to tell him that he met Vali. Azazel had told her to keep it a secret.

"Yeah. We ate ramen and then watched the first three movies." Serenity finished breakfast and walked to school. Her phone buzzed, and Vali had sent her a picture of his disgusted face when he took a bite of the ramen. She called him.

"It's season to taste. You put a little bit in at first." Serenity said. "Next time you make it, only add a half a teaspoon of the seasoning and stir it. The butter goes last." Serenity laughed as Vali groaned.

"Thanks." He said.

"Hey, I gotta go. I'm at school."

"Alright. Oh hey, by the way, I'm probably going to give Azazel a gift for you. A thank you gift." Vali said. Serenity smiled and shook her head.

"Chocolates work." Serenity said.

"So you live with Hyoudou?" Vali asked. Serenity froze.

"Yeah, I live with him. Why are you asking?"

"Just curious. I didn't realize you were friends with him."

"You could say that. I'm more like a transfer student. I want to live with Azazel because I get more attention, but Mrs. Hyoudou said that I had to wait till I turned 18." Serenity said her goodbye, and Vali whined a little. She hung up and smiled.

"Who were you talking to?" Azazel asked. She noticed Issei staring at her.

"Oh, you know, the guy who saved me from getting jumped. He messed up the ramen recipe, and I called him." Serenity and Azazel walked to the classroom. "I think his name is Cifer." Serenity said.

"Good, save." Azazel whispered in her ear.

"He's now Cifer." Serenity said. She sat down in her seat.

"Well, Cifer will be joining our class in a month." Azazel said. "Luckily, he'll be in my class. So you two can hang out. He's really smart. I think I'll make his last name, Cifer." Serenity nodded and smiled.