Chapter Thirteen

Serenity sighed as she had to go to the bathroom for the umpteenth time. She was home alone while Vali was fighting CaoCao. She held her stomach and sensed something in the house. Serenity saw a familiar head of black hair and saw the Dragon of Nightmares sitting on the couch. "Daemon." Serenity hummed. She wandered over to him, and he noticed her stomach.

"Your body is preparing to go into labor." He said.

"I'm only seven months pregnant." Serenity said. Daemon sighed and stood up.

"You're a werewolf." He said. Serenity cried out in pain as her water broke. "Typically, it's seven to eight months." Daemon said. There was a magic circle, and Kuroka came running out. Serenity was hidden behind Daemon.

"Serenity! Vali's been hurt!" Kuroka said. She froze at the menacing sight in front of her. "Who are you!? Get away from her!" Kuroka yelled.

"Kuroka!" Serenity yelled. "We need to get to Vali." Serenity held onto the dragon's arms.

"Relax. I'm not going to hurt her. I'm the Dragon of Nightmares and Fear. But you can call me Daemon." Daemon said. He picked Serenity up. "She's giving birth."

"But she's only - I forgot she's a werewolf." Kuroka said. She made a magic circle, and they went through it. Serenity whined in pain and saw Vali and Sirzechs. "Vali Serenity is in labor."

"But she's only seven months!" Issei said. Serenity growled and almost fell out of Daemon's arms.

"She's a werewolf." Daemon said. "Now we need a room. After all, she's the princess of the werewolves."

"She's the princess?" Issei said.

"Yes." Vali said. "She's carrying the heir to the royal werewolves." Vali wanted to get up, but he was weakened by the poison arrow.

"Vali!" Serenity struggled out of Daemon's arms, and when she stood up, she almost collapsed due to the pain.

メメメメメメメメメメメメメメメメ

Vali smiled as he held the baby girl. Serenity was sleeping next to him as Asia healed her. "I healed her." She said. Issei was sitting in the room, and he was worried for his sister.

"Little Persiphyna Katerina Fujakante-Lucifer." A voice said. Vali noticed a beautiful woman. She had silver hair and silver eyes. "Relax. I'm the Luna Goddess." She said. Vali relaxed a little but was still wary. He saw Daemon nod and relaxed all the way. "She's so beautiful." The goddess said as she petted Serenity's head. "She will not suffer the same fate as Serenity did." With that, the Luna Goddess disappeared, and Serenity woke up.

"Vali." She rasped, and Vali smiled at her. Serenity noticed the baby in his arms, and she sat up quickly. "Persiphyna Katerina Fujakante-Lucifer. That's her name." Serenity said. Vali nodded and remembered that that's the name they agreed on. "Seriously?" She whined. "I carried you for seven months, and you decided to look like your father?" Vali laughed at Serenity's sarcasm.

"She'll be a beautiful child." Vali said. Serenity took Persiphyna and took her to the crib. "Well, stay here so I can recover." He said. He was exhausted, and she could tell. Vali smiled at Serenity as she came closer. He grabbed her and pulled her down. She knew that Vali would sleep better if she was by his side. Serenity smiled at Issei, who nodded and left. Serenity hummed a lullaby, and Vali fell asleep. She felt happy and relieved that he was finally asleep. He wouldn't relax until he knew Serenity was safe.

メメメメメメメメメメメメメメメメ

Serenity woke up to crying and sat up quickly. She saw someone she did not know holding her daughter, and she growled. The woman had brown hair and purple eyes. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to wake you up. Your daughter reminds me of when I had Rias. I'm Venelana Gremory, Rias's mother." The woman said." I came to check on you, and this one was crying." Serenity was by her side and noticed ears and a tail.

"She's a werewolf." Serenity hummed. She took Persi, who quit crying as soon as she was in her mom's arms. Serenity had a pair of wolf ears and a tail as well. They came out when she was giving birth to Persi. The ears and tail showed proof that royal werewolf blood ran through their veins. Serenity hummed, and Persi fell asleep.

"I'm sorry." Venelana said. She truly was apologizing because she knew how protective a werewolf was over their cub. Serenity set Persi down and smiled.

"It's ok. You were trying to help. She was only crying because her ears and tail were coming in." Serenity said, and she went back toward Vali, who woke up. He rubbed his eyes and he saw Venelana. "This is Rias's mother." Serenity said.

"Hello." Vali said. He held Serenity protectively. "You can leave now."

"I'll take my leave." Venelana walked away. She knew Vali was only being protective over his mate and kid. Vali held onto Serenity and buried his face into her neck.

"You ran away from me."

"You and I have different meanings of running away." Serenity laughed. Vali tightened his grip around her waist.

"Stay by my side." Vali said. "If you're by my side, I can keep you safe." Serenity shook her head at his worried state.

"I can protect myself."

"I know. But just until I recover, stay by my side." Serenity nodded and kissed him softly. Vali hummed and pushed her down. He sighed as Persi started crying.

"Are you seriously pouting about not having sex with me?"

"It's been a while." Vali said. "I need to scent you."

" You can wait till Persi is a year old." Serenity said as she got up and went to Persi. "There's my beautiful little girl." Persi giggled as Serenity picked her up. Vali saw the sight in front of him and smiled. If he could do it again, he'd get Serenity pregnant all over again, just to see that smile on her face.