2. Research

3rd Person Omniscient POV

Dream mumbles to himself and starts the video.

The video starts and it only shows a stone sword in the main hand and a fire charge in the offhand. The player crouches behind a rock formation near Pink's base.

Pink Team is building a wooden defense and the four team members are guarding the bed.

As two of the players start rebuilding the bridge towards the middle, the person rushes forward and charges at the bridge.

They jump onto the pink wool and sprint toward the players.

The two Pink teammates pull out their swords but the person uses the fire charge and aims it under them.

The fire charge destroys the bridge and sends the two players into the void. The force also launches the person upward and towards the island.

The remaining two teammates stand there in shock before they are hit straight off the edge.

The person quickly mines through the bed defense and destroys the bed but the players have already respawned.

As the team charges the single player, they drink a jump boost potion and jump over the team.

The team tries to attack but the person manages to split the team up and take on each player alone.

As the last player is combo-ed off the edge, the victory screen shows and the ender dragon starts destroying the map.

The video ends and starts replaying.

Dream pauses the video and blinks at the screen in confusion.

What? They were so outnumbered. It was luck but also involved some strategy to split their enemy up and take on them separately.

He clicks on another TikTok which is the 8v2.

This time, they're on the white team with another person called Twisted_Helix.

(At the time of writing this, this user doesn't exist. It's just a random, username I came up with. You're free to take it if you want)

The video is pretty similar, distractions, potions, and victory.

All the elements they used, anyone could do that. But their skill, it was of someone who's played Minecraft for a long time.

Dream was impressed, he genuinely was. He had no idea who this person was, what they looked like, or what they even sounded like, yet somehow, he knew, that their play style seemed, familiar.

He sighs, running his hand through his long dirty blonde locks.

"Who are you?" he says aloud. "Your play style is almost identical to mine, almost as if we learned around the same time. But there's no way, maybe I'm just hallucinating."

His thought process is interrupted by the ringing of his phone. He jumps, startled by the sudden noise, and curses as the phone falls to the floor. As he leans down to pick it up, he reads the contact name.

Pandas (Nick)

Dream smiles.

"Yo Dream!" Sapnap yells. Dream gasps and drops the phone again, realizing that Sapnap FaceTimed him.

"Shit, Sapnap!" he picks his phone off the ground for the second time.

"Good thing I've seen your face already, couldn't imagine if it was George who called."

"Yeah," Dream lifts the phone to his face, grinning into the camera.

"Wait, speaking of George, guess where I am?" Sapnap flips the camera around to reveal the words Terminal B behind.

"What?! No way! You made it!" Dream smiles.

"Yeah! Now I have to find George!" he turns around multiple times, spinning the camera while he does it.

"Stop! You're making me dizzy!" Dream laughs, looking away.

"Sorry," Sapnap continues looking around, and Dream peers at the screen, trying to find a familiar face.

"GEORGE!" Sapnap screeches, there's the sound of him running and something falling over. "Whoops, I dropped my suitcase. Bye Dream, we'll call later!"

The call ends and Dream smiles, remembering when Sapnap was on a call with George just before they met up, then Sapnap hung up so George couldn't hear them meet.

He leans back on his bed and stares at the ceiling, tracing imaginary lines on its smooth surface as he closes his eyes.

Dream's phone buzzes and he expects a text from George or Sapnap but instead, it's a TikTok notification.

A recommended notification to watch a red stone trap video by U/N.

"Fuck this," he rolls holds his phone up to his face, and unlocks it, opening the app and starting the video.

The video has no audio, like the others. There is only the player, which starts by digging down a 4 block hole and placing redstone beneath. The redstone is then connected to a few pieces of TNT.

The person places a trapped chest on top.

The video cuts to another player by the user Twisted_Helix who opens the chest and the ground explodes beneath them.

Dream laughs as the video ends, displaying the TikTok logo and U/N.

He pauses the video and scrolls down to read the comments.

AAA98:
How did you get so good at Bedwars?

U/N:
I've played since I was 12

Roy258:
How did you learn to make redstone traps?

U/N:
This is a more simple, modified version of a trap I did a long time ago on a Minecraft server.

Dream smiles, remembering his own traps on a Minecraft server when he was a kid. He often did them with a friend of his and tested them on other players.

DreamSmpFan628462:
Will you ever do a Bedwars lobby with fans?

U/N:
Maybe, I'll stream one Twitch if I do. Look out for more info :)

Dream closes his phone with a sigh.

Maybe he would join their lobby if they streamed.

Maybe it would be fun.

He needed something fun.

Sapnap would be staying with George in the UK for a few days and he'd be all alone.

Dream chuckles as he places his phone down and lies down on his bed.

He can't help but feel, that the trap seemed... familiar.

——————————————————————————————

999 words

Familiar?

Comment any mistakes you find so I can fix them!