31. Champagne

Dream POV

"Let's go!" Y/N gives me a terrified look as I accelerate the minute the light turns green. The road in front of us is clear so I press the gas pedal even harder.

"Dream!" Y/N grips the inside door handle to steady herself.

Just as we reach the second light, a large truck looks into view.

"Dream!" she yells my name as a warning again. I slam on the brakes so hard that I feel the car tilt forward. We come to a stop, just inches away from the back of the white truck.

"I saw it, it's fine," I assure. She doesn't look too pleased as we continue at a normal pace.

"You should have let me drive," she mutters.

"No way," I pause to glance out the window and take on the sights of Orlando. Now that it's nighttime, the restaurants, and bars are jumping, full of life as people hurry in and out.

We pass a group of people who are sitting in the outdoor bar. They clink a couple of glasses together and down the shots.

"It's Sapnap's car anyways," I say, turning back to
Y/N.

"Even more of a reason to be careful with it," she grumbles back.

I just smile and decide to avoid any unnecessary racing for the time being. Although, I make sure to run over every pothole and bump in the road possible.

After another fifteen minutes of driving, we pull up in front of a large building with a sign that reads: The Venetian Chop House in black letters.

"This place looks like a palace," Y/N mutters. I watch her marvel at the grand building.

It looks like a castle from a fairytale.

I get out of the car and hand my keys to a confused valet. Walking around to the other side of the car, I open the door and hold out a hand for Y/N.

"Such an idiot," she whispers but accepts my hand nonetheless.

The valet takes our car into the lot as I offer my arm to Y/N. She rests her hands on my arm but I feel her hands tighten as we step inside.

I rub my hand against her back, trying to relax her.

"Darling relax," I whisper in her ear. I open the door and feel a blast of cool air hit us. "Everything is going to be fine. Enjoy tonight."

She nods nervously and I feel her hands loosen just a tiny bit.

"Hello, how can I help you?" A woman's voice asks.

I glance down to see a woman in a tight black dress with long flowing blonde hair and blue eyes.

Her nails are painted black which starkly contrasts her pale fingers.

"I have a reservation for 6:30," I say. She walks over to the computer and types something into the keyboard.

"Name?" she asks.

"Should be under Clay," I sway nervously from foot to foot and listlessly glance at the chandeliers above.

"Ah here you are," she says after an uncomfortably long time of scrolling through her list. "Table for four?"

"Yes," I smile politely. "The other two should be here soon."

I watch her grab four menus and begin to walk through the array of tables.

"Please follow me."

I remove my arm from Y/N's grasp, opting instead for her to hold my hand.

Her fingers intertwine with mine as we weave through the tables, her fingers are slightly sweaty but I resist the urge to let go.