42. MCC

Dream POV

"Dream are you sure this is a good idea?" Y/N worries for what seems like the millionth time today. "What if they expect a lot from me? What if they don't want me to play? What if—"

"Hey relax," I say, trying to soothe her nerves. "Just fill out the form in the way that suits you. Hopefully, since it's your first time, Scott will put you on a team with me. Then from there, I can help you train."

Y/N stays quiet for a few seconds before letting out a sigh.

"Alright."

I lean back in my chair with a smile as she types away at her keyboard. The clacking sounds are strangely soothing as I close my eyes, trying to overcome the fatigue from staying up all night.

Another sleepless night of editing.

"Should I put competitive, just for fun, or doesn't matter?"

"Huh?" I blink away my sleepiness and look up to see her screen-sharing in Discord. I squint, trying to see what she's circling her mouse around. "Uh put competitive, there's a better chance we're teamed together."

"Okay done!"

I watch as she submits the form and stops screen sharing.

"Dream," she says softly. I notice her shift in tone and lean closer to the screen, even though she can see me.

"Yes, Love?"

"I miss you."

This makes me smile as I remember all the nights I lie in bed, just staring off into space, wondering what Y/N is doing at that very moment.

I remember the night of our first date when she fell asleep in my arms.

I want that feeling again.

"I miss you too my dear. Hopefully, soon we'll see each other again."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hello, hello!" I greet my chat as the people begin to flood in. Of course, it took a few minutes to set up the stream so I ended up starting just a few minutes late.

"You're late," I hear Y/N say and wince at the loud volume. "A whole 2 minutes late."

"Yeah, yeah," I mutter, trying to adjust my settings. "Chat relax, I'm turning her down."

After adjusting Y/N's volume to almost half of what it was, we're all set.

"Y/N!" I sprint over to her and punch at her character which is crouched under an umbrella. "Hi!"

"Hello!" she stands up and punches me back, her avatar jumping up and down excitedly.

"Are you guys ready?!" A loud voice sounds in my headphones as I wince again. "Let's win this!"

"Karl!" I laugh as his avatar runs over to us.

"Dream!" he yells, matching my energy. "Y/N!"

"Let's win this!" I yell.

"Yeahhhhh!"

Karl hops around and sprints off, presumably to find our other teammate.

"Dream do you know who's on our team?" Y/N asks as I hear a scuffling sound near her mic. Checking her stream, I notice her cat Pepper walking around on her desk. "And we're team Red Rabbits right?"