20. End Poem

Art by @irrttggg on Twitter

3rd Person Omniscient POV

"Dream the stronghold's below us!" Y/N abruptly stops her boat in the middle of the water and zooms in, peering into the hazy ocean depths.

Dream stops and begins to head back in the direction they were coming from.

"Where?" Y/N appears as a small dot in the distance but eventually grows larger as he gets closer.

"I told you not to go so far ahead," she says, breaking the boat and jumping into the water.

Earlier:

"Catch me if you can Y/N!" Dream jumps into the water as Y/N jumps down from the sandy hill, landing a crit in his departing back.

"I'm coming after you Dream!" she yells back.

Dream frantically dives to the bottom with Y/N on his tail.

"DOLPHINS!" A trio of gray dolphins swims around him, boosting his speed as he swims off.

"THEY ALL CHOSE YOU!?" Y/N gets out her boat and begins chasing Dream who is still significantly faster.

"HAHAHAHAHAHA!" Dream laughs as he swims away at top speed, collecting more dolphins on the way.

Present:

"I still won the race," Dream huffs as they both swim down toward the gray, stone structure below.

"Yeah, yeah," Y/N mines in through the top as they both drop down.

"Let's go," Dream cheers as the achievement "Eye Spy" pops up in the chat. "Let's split up to find the portal room."

"Sounds good."

The two of them split off in different directions, running down the winding tunnels of the labyrinth.

"Library," Dream mutters to himself as he passes the room filled with bookcases and cobwebs.

"Dead end," Y/N mutters as she runs back the way she came after coming face to face with a solid brick wall.

"Skeletons," Dream kills the mob easily and moves on.

"Ender pearls," Y/N opens the chest to find apples, Ender pearls, and an iron sword and chest plate.

"Portal room!" both of them yell suddenly as they see the faint glow of the ender portal frames and run to it, meeting right in front of the archway.

"Looks like we both found it," Y/N comments as they head inside.

"Here," Dream places a white bed down and clicks it once. "Set your spawn."

"Good idea," Y/N does so as she hands Dream 6 of the 12 eyes of ender. "Ready?"

Dream nods. He reshuffles a few items in his inventory and smiles.

"Yeah, let's do this."

The two of them fill the portal and it opens, showing the swirling black sky in the center.

"On three," Y/N takes a sip of water and switches to her axe. "Three."

"Two," Dream says.

"One."

The two characters leap into the dark abyss. Their screens go black for a few seconds before loading in.

The ten obsidian pillars are placed in a a rough circle around the center of the island which holds a small bedrock fountain. Atop each pillar is a purple crystal, two having protective iron cages around them.