59. Jack-o-Lanterms

This chapter is a manifestation for a DTeam pumpkin carving stream 🤞

3rd Person Omniscient POV

"That is hideous," Y/N smothers a laugh as Dream twirls in a circle, flapping his arms up and down slightly like a bird. "You look like a framer."

(For reference)

(For reference)

"It's on theme," Dream scoffs. "Fall colors are red, orange, yellow, and brown."

"You look like a farmer in the middle of Indiana who is about to harvest his pumpkins."

"Guys you almost ready yet?" Sapnap's head peeks around the door and his eyes light up at the slight of the two. "Nice pumpkin shirt."

Dream gives him a silent glare which serves as Sapnap's cue to depart as he gives Y/N a grin.

He turns his gaze back to Y/N and finds her admiring her outfit in the mirror. She'd only packed a single suitcase for Florida but somehow she managed to get the perfect outfit.

With her brown sweater, light blue jeans, and gold leaf jewelry, Dream could picture her strolling through an autumn forest, jumping into leaf piles, shaking the bright orange confetti from her hair.

"A farmer and his wife," Y/N giggles as he stands behind her, so close she can feel her head beating.

"His wife," Dream chuckles, pressing a kiss against the side of her neck, right below the slim gold chain. His large fingers reach for the gold maple leaf pendant.

He runs his fingers across the rough edges of the leaf and the raised ridges which are supposed to be the veins.

"You ready for the stream?" he asks, taking her hand and admiring the few gold stacking rings on it. He also notices the silver and diamond ring that he gave her. "I can see you like this."

"I know you like seeing me wear it," Y/N accepts his cheek kiss and flicks his forehead before heading out the door. "Come on."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Look George," Sapnap says, his hands holding a pile of orange pumpkin goop with pale seeds sprinkled throughout.

George turns around, spoon in one hand and a silver carver in the other.

"BLEHHHHHH!"

He dumps the pumpkin insides onto the table in front of George.

"EWWW!" George grabs a handful of it and throws it in Sapnap's direction who luckily ducks in time.

The wet, mushy pumpkin guys splat against Dream's hand which rests on the side of the pumpkin.

He scowls at the two of them who exchange smiles before continuing to carve his knife into the face of the pumpkin.

"I told you painting pumpkins would have been easier," Y/N laughs as he frantically shakes his hand, trying to get the sticky orange strings off. "Hey, you're getting it on me!"

Meanwhile, George still hasn't gotten his revenge on Sapnap and tosses another handful of pumpkin goop which lands on the floor.

"Can you guys please try to be clean?" Dream asks, sidestepping away from the two.

"Good thing I'm over here," Y/N giggles from the other side of the kitchen island. She puts the carver down and grabs the black Sharpie to finish marking out the pumpkin's grin with most of its teeth missing.

A sly grin creeps onto Dream's face as he moves around the counter, behind Sapnap and George to Y/N's side.

"How about now?!" he grabs onto his hands, making sure to smear the stickiness on hers.

"Dream!" she protests, grabbing a handful of pumpkin guys from the bowl and shoving it in his face.

The idea was to deter him and make him run away but a few orange strings slip between her fingers and land on his shirt and pants.

Dream looks down in shock and Y/N freezes too. An evil grin spreads across his face as his hand reaches into the bowl as well.

"Dream no!"

His laughter turns maniacal as his hand makes contact with the side of her face.

She gasps as the cold, slimy stuff runs down her face and drips onto her sweater. He laughs and tilts her head up to kiss her forehead.

"You're going to regret that!" she yells as Dream darts behind one of the white pillars just as another handful of the orange strings slides down.

"Missed me!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'll be back in an hour okay?" Y/N gives Dream a little kiss on his nose and pats the top of his curly hair.

"Awwww," he sighs, sinking farther into the sofa cushions. "Being me back something?"

"Of course my little puppy," she teases, passing him the TV remote. "Watch something while I'm gone."

"You all abandoned me," he pouts, watching as Y/N grabs her black purse from the hook by the door. The spare house keys jingle as she twirls them around her finger.

Sapnap and George had left for North Caroline to film banter with Karl a few days ago, leaving the two of them with some alone time.

"We didn't abandon you," Y/N says, rifling in her bag. "I'll be back in a few hours."

"You sure you don't want me to go with you?" Dream asks, his feet resting firmly on the ground and he sits forward slightly. "I can help you navigate the buses."

"I'll be fine," she giggles as he slumps back into the cushions with a defeated look. "You did just fine being alone for an entire year."

Dreams just grabs the remote and flicks on the TV as Y/N blows him a kiss before heading out the door.

Hours later, the football game is blaring loudlywhile Dream snoozes peacefully on the couch, a bag of chips perched in his lap.

"We interrupt your program for ma important announcement."

Dream awakes with a start as the football game is cut off abruptly before changing to the news channel. He sits up straighter and furiously taps the volume button.

The usual meteorologists sit at a round table in front of a large map of the US which is zoomed into Florida.

The usual green, yellow, and orange splatters move across the screen, showing the movement patterns of potential rain.

"Attention residents of Florida in the central part of Florida. There has been an unexpected change in the path of Hurricane Philippe. Originally the storm was projected to make landfall in Cuba and parts of Miami. It seems the tropical storm has moved North and is instead going to make landfall at Daytona Beach."

Dream's face pales and he glances put the window where the sky is becoming increasingly darker.

Y/N.

"We advise all residents in coastal areas to evacuate immediately. Residents in Orlando should proceed with caution and prepare for evacuation if necessary. Experts advise people to stay indoors and make preparations for a Category 4 Hurricane."

——————————————————————————————

1,147 words

Florida man coming to save NYC girl

Comment any mistakes you find so I can fix them!