37. Love or Host

Dream POV

"Y/N please just tell me what you picked!" I beg, only to hear her laugh at me for what feels like the 40th time today. From Sapnap's open door, I can hear him laughing too.

"No can do Dream," she says. "Only Austin is allowed to know what I picked. And besides, you're the one who's making the eliminations, it'll influence your decision."

"Then what if I decide to eliminate you first round?" Dream counters.

"I'd consider that a pretty dick move from my boyfriend," she says, lowering her voice as her tone takes on a hint of seriousness. "And who knows? Maybe Sapnap might have to replace you."

Dream desperately wants to believe she's joking but can't quite tell.

"Anyways," her tone raises to its usual cheerfulness. "I'm supposed to join the call now. Good luck with your choices Dream!"

She hangs up on me, leaving a pool of dread building in my stomach.

What have I put myself into?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Welcome to Sapnap and Dream to Love or Host!" Austin announces. I cheer quietly through my mic as Sapnap shifts nervously in his chair with a smile. "Wave to the camera."

"Hey guys!" Sapnap smiles as he waves.

"I'm waving too," I say watching as the chat becomes more of a chant of my name.

"Yes we're all waving to your floating voice," Austin jokes as he waves his hand in front of the camera. "So Sapnap, you been on the show before. And Dream, you've helped with some Love or Hosts as well."

"Well one," Sapnap laughs awkwardly. "Doesn't mean I'm experienced."

"I wouldn't say I'm that experienced," I chuckle, imagining how Y/N would react to the statement.

"Well you were a bit nervous last time you were on Love or Host, is that correct," Sapnap nods and I watch his hand stray off to the side to fiddle with something. "But you've changed a lot since then and I think it's time for you to redeem yourself."

"Redemption!" I cheer, trying to ease Sapnap's nerves.

"So chat," Austin clears his throat, putting on his shot voice. "For this Love or Host, Dream is the one who will be deciding who gets eliminated instead of Sapnap. So make your choices wisely Dream," he adds.

I scoff and listen as he explains the rules while I revive a text from Y/N.

I'm so nervous. Why did you suggest this?

I smile and type back a quick reply.

Cuz you're a simp for me.

"Let's begin!" Austin's loud announcement turns my attention back to the screen. The screen transitions through some links hearts to a a grid of 10 girls plus the three of us. My camera is the only one off.

My breath catches in my throat as I spot Y/N is the upper right hand. She has brushed her Y/H/C and curled it so it falls in gently waves. She wears the black dress she wore on our date and as she moves her hand to fix her hair, I catch a glimpse the ring I gave her.

Oh she didn't—

"Alright welcome to Love or Host!" Austin says as he stops the music. "Everybody wave!"

All the girls wave at the camera with bright smiles but I only focus on Y/N. She's draped a fluffy pink blanket behind her setup so her room isn't visible.