19. Teasing

Dream POV

"Hey Dream," I smile at the sound of her voice when she answers my discord call after two rings. "What's up?"

"Nothing much, just checking in on you," I reply. "You fell asleep last night so I wanted to know if you got into your bed for an actual rest."

"Sadly no," Y/N laughs and I hear her mouse clicking in the background. "The good thing is, I don't have work since the roads are kinda flooded."

"Oh damn," I glance out the window at the street which is littered with debris and mud. Tree branches lying all over the place with their leaves mostly torn off. "Yeah, not so much flooding here. Mostly wind."

"So what are you planning to do?" Y/N asks. I chew my lip, remembering the tweet that I sent out. "I saw you tweeted about going live in an hour."

"Yeah, that's actually why I called you." I tap my fingers nervously on the desk and sigh. "I was thinking of playing Minecraft, you know, like beating the game? And I was wondering if you wanted to join me."

"Yeah, of course, I'd love to!" I perk up at her excited tone which brings a smile to my face.

Why can't I stop smiling around her?

"You didn't strike me as someone who played survival Minecraft. I see you more as a PvP, mini-games player."

"I like to be unpredictable," is all she says.

The call lapses into an uncomfortable silence, both of us not sure what to say next.

"So in one hour?" I ask hesitantly.

I hear her laugh again.

"See you then."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ready?" I slip the headset over my ears and slip my hair under the band to keep it from my face. I frown as a few locks fall over my forehead again.

"Yep," Y/N says. "You sure this is a good idea?"

"Of course," I open Twitch in my browser while Minecraft at the same time. "They'll love you."

She goes quiet and I hear her mouse clicking for a few seconds.

"I hope so," she whispers.

They'll love her.

I'm sure of it.

Once I whitelist her to the server, she joins immediately.

"Alright I'm going to go live in three," I begin to count down as I hover over the go live button. "Two."

"One," she finishes for me.

I smile and click the red button, the stream starts.

The numbers begin to shoot up as thousands of people pour into the chat.

I watch my name be spammed over and over again along with a bunch of greetings.

Once the chat has reached around 40 thousand people, I unmute.

"Hello hello," I give my usual greeting and instantly receive a positive response from the viewers. "How is everyone?"

I watch as the messages appear and disappear rapidly while the mods time out a couple of them.

"I'm doing pretty good, the storm wasn't that bad," I say, seeing someone's message asking how the storm was. "Not even a hurricane."

"Anyways," I say, changing the topic and typing a quick message to Y/N to get ready. "I thought I'd bring back some old content today, just normal survival Minecraft, beating the game and such. With, someone's help of course."