64. Covid

Sapnap POV

"ACHOOOOO!" I wait a few seconds, mid-soup stir before Dream breaks into a coughing fit. "FUCK!"

"I told you not to kiss your girlfriend," I mutter, the orange carrot chunks bobbing up and down between the macaroni. "At least it wasn't an STD."

"SAPNAP!" Y/N yells from upstairs. I set the bowl and glance up at the ceiling. "DREAM THREW UP AGAIN!"

Damnit not again. Guess he's not eating his soup.

With a sigh, I grab a roll of paper towels and some of the stomach pills before racing upstairs.

"Where are you two?" I call, entering the empty hallway.

"Bathroom!" Y/N's response comes after a few seconds. "Hurry up."

"I mean it can't get any worse from now," I mutter to myself, speedwalking in the direction of Dream's bathroom.

I find the door shut so I gently knock on it before.

"You want me to come in?"

"You're going to have to."

Making sure the mask is tightened around my face, I brace myself to the worst and push open the door.

Y/N POV

Sapnap's eyes widen as they land on Dream leaning over the toilet and me holding his hair so it doesn't get in the way.

"Well this is great," is his sarcastic response.

"Yeah no shit," I turn to the side and let out a few coughs while Dream groans. "How are you doing?" I ask softly, gently petting his hair.

"It tastes worse than cat shit," he mumbles, his head still in the toilet bowl.

"Now how would you know what that tastes like?" Sapnap asks, carefully kneeling beside the two of us with a paper towel in hand to wipe up any throw-up on the floor.

Dream lets out a small chuckle which turns into another coughing fit.  

"I ate it once as a toddler."

Sapnap lets out a giggle as I scoot over to the side, letting him sweep up the remainder of the throw-up around the base of the toilet

"I just can't keep anything down," Dream groans, finally lifting his head. I smile, seeing his eyes slightly teary and his hair slightly messy. I ruffle it further just to annoy him.

"Here," Sapnap rattles the container of stomach pills and holds them out to me. "Let's try these again."

"Yeah, they only worked for a few hours though," Dream grumbles, standing up and reaching for the sink. "Then I eat and throw it all up again."

"That's because you're sick," Sapnap says, tossing the paper towels in the trash.

Dream throws him a glare while bending over the sink to rinse his mouth.

"I still don't understand why you're not dying in bed like me," he says, pointing at me. "You got over it within a day while I'm still dying after 5 days."

"That's your weak immune system," I say, gently patting his leg. "Now help me up."

I reach up and he grabs my hand, pulling me up with only one arm.

"Look at how strong I am," he jokes, pulling me against his chest in a warm hug.

"Mmmm," I look him in the eyes and flick his forehead. "But your immune system is anything but that."

"Okay the two of you get back into your room where you can cuddle and pass germs," Sapnap makes a shooing motion for us to leave. "I have to disinfect this whole bathroom."

He tosses me the stomach pills on our way out before slamming the door behind us.

"He's gonna get it eventually," Dream mutters, climbing under the covers.

"Not necessarily," I open the container and pour two white tablets into my palm. "He's done a pretty good job at staying away from us whenever possible and cleaning everything we're around."

Dream rolls over and grabs a tissue to blow his nose.

"Pass me one too." I sit on the edge of the bed with the pills in one hand, and a glass of water in the other.

Dream scoffs and lightly throws the tissue box in my direction.

"Medicine first."

I hand him the water and medication which he obediently swallows while blowing my nose.

After he's done, he snuggles under the covers but makes a grabbing motion with his hands. I crumple the tissue into a ball and completely miss the garbage can with my trash aim.

"What?" I play dumb, just blankly staring at his puppy face. "Do you need something?"

Dream pouts and sits up a bit more, stretching out his hands to me.

"I want cuddles," he says quietly.

"What?" I turn my head closer to him, a smile creeping onto my face.

He sighs defeatedly.

"I want cuddles!" he says much louder. Through the door, I can hear Sapnap laughing. 

"Of course, you can have cuddles," I say which makes his face light up like the sun.

I slide under the blanket next to him, expecting him to spoon me like we usually do. Instead, he rolls over, planting his face on my stomach and wrapping his arms around around my waist.

His dirty blond hair is so soft as I gently twirl it between my fingers. He lets out a soft hum of contempt and snuggles farther into me.

We sit in silence for a few seconds before I eventually start braiding his hair. It isn't very long but just long enough for me to braid it so it stays.

"What are you doing?" he asks, his voice muffled.

"Nothing," I reply, gently patting the top of his head. "Sleep, my love. You need it."

"You're sick too," is his response.

"Ah but you're sicker," I lean down and gently kiss the top of his head.

Dream sighs again and nuzzles his face against me.

"Blanket," he orders.

I pull the covers over his shoulders, stopping just at his neck.

"I love you," he mumbles.

I reach for my phone with one hand but continue playing with his hair with the other.

"I love you too my darling," I whisper. "Now sleep while I shop for your Christmas present."

——————————————————————————————

1,065 words

Hehehe I'm backkkkk

Hypothetically, for no reason at all:

Would you guys prefer a morally gray Dream (like mafia, killing, possessive, the whole dark romance trope)?

Or

A more fantasy Dream where he's a vampire?

For scientific research ofc

Comment any mistakes you find so I can fix them!