65. Skating

So uh, it's been a while. Over a month to be exact.

1. My mom found my Wattpad writing and wants me to publish it somewhere 😭

Also, I have to apply for college soon and I'd rather the admissions not find out about this. I'll continue writing as long as I can but just know, that if I say I'm deleting something, you guys will have around a week to archive it in whatever way you want.

2. School has been kicking my ass lately and I've kinda, maybe, sorta fallen in love with Zade Meadows 😍

So much so that I decided to worse a morally gray Dream fanfic and completely forgot about this one

Oopsies

OH WELL

Dream POV

"Y/N slow down!" I sidestep around a group of tourists crowded around the shopping windows while nearly smacking into a guy dressed up as Santa Claus.

"Would you like to make a donation—"

"No thanks!" I dive under fuzzy red sleeves and chase after the back of Y/N's head which is quickly swallowed up in the sea of people. "Y/N come back!"

Finally, I spot an opening and stumble for it, gladly breathing in the fresh air.

"You really have to learn to weave through crowds better," Y/N says, walking closer to me with her hands on her hips. She tips her head up to meet my gaze and I can't help but grin at her.

"It's because you're shorter than me," I say. To prove my point, I place my hand on her head, toying with the white Pom Pom adorning her black beanie.

"What happened to you being faster than me?" she asks, a slight smirk tugging at her lips. She takes a step back from me in the direction of the sparkling Christmas tree behind us.

"Yes but not in New York City, a place I don't know well."

Y/N smiles but her eyes sparkle with mischief. I notice her feet slowly shuffling backward.

"Well, you know where we're going right?"

I nod. The ice skating rink. Right in front of the Rockefeller Christmas Tree.

"Then let's see who's faster!"

Y/N dashes off, her form already weaving in and out of the strangling pedestrians. I bolt after her, most of the people moving out of my way.

I guess being 6 feet tall helps with that.

The frigid air stabs my skin like needles but I ignore the feeling as I reach the crosswalk. Y/N is only a few steps ahead of me but when she turns around, her eyes lock with mine and widen quickly.

The crosswalk light displays the red stop hand. A bit up the street, a yellow taxi is barreling down at high speed. She takes one look in both directions and bolts across the street.

As if in slow motion, I watch the yellow cab make it to the crosswalk in front of her. It stops momentarily and the driver rolls down his window. I can't faintly hear the curses he spews as Y/N takes a step back.

Before I can't blink, she jumps over the car's hood and touches down safely on the sidewalk. The driver yells at her, giving her the finger.

She just glares and flips his off right back.

"Hey, you can't do that!" I yell as she smiles.

"Yes I can!" she yells spiritedly, her form already shrinking in the distance.