Chapter 7

Meredith's POV:
Saturday Morning

So I guess when Derek said we would be grabbing a ferry boat early he really did mean early it's currently 5am and he said he would pick me up at 5:30am. I wasn't sure about giving him my address but for some reason I trusted him enough to know where I lived, just hope he's not a serial killer who likes to prey on young women like me. My instincts have been wrong before. I brushed my hair and put on some tan colour pants and a plain t shirt then went downstairs to grab my coat. The good thing about meeting him this early is that 1 I'm used to being up all different hours and 2 I would be back maybe just after Ellis is up if anything I would be interrupting her cartoon time which she wouldn't be too happy about. Thinking about that caused a smile on my face as I stared into the mirror to check my hair. I don't usually wear makeup but today I put on just a little blush and some mascara not much but recently Iv been looking like something out of the walking dead, I wouldn't want to scare Derek off yet.

I remember telling him to text me when he was here not to honk or come to the door as Alex would be asleep and I wouldn't want to wake him up. I noticed the time then went into the bathroom to brush my teeth. I looked down at my phone and saw a message from Derek pop up and I couldn't help but smile. To be honest I was quite looking forward to seeing him so I hurried up what I was doing then grabbed my bag. I left the note I had earlier wrote and left it on the door. I know I had told Alex already but I can't help but repeat myself.

I closed the front door behind me and took each one of the steps down to the driveaway where Derek was. He was leaning against the front of his car with a grin on his face. I walked over to him and returned a smile.

'Hey.' he said guiding me to the passenger door and opening it for me.

'Hey.' I followed him to the door where he took my bag.

I sat down and put my belt on then heard the other door open which was Derek he rubbed his hands together before looking at me slightly confused.

'You know we are going on the ferry and it is very early.'

'Well yes Derek or else I wouldn't be sitting in this car.' I flung my hands up.

He laughed 'What I'm saying is that it is cold do you want to grab a bigger coat?'

'No my little jacket will be just fine.' I smiled whilst pulling my jacket across my breasts.

'Fine but don't complain to me when you get cold.'

'I don't complain.' I playfully mocked.

'Mhmmm.'

We went to grab some coffee like agreed from this little coffee shop just 10 minutes down from where I live. We went in and ordered and I went to pay when Derek's hand reached in front of mine.

'No I've got this consider it my treat.'

I tilted my head and nodded 'Alright but then the next one is on me.'

'We will see'

We got back in the car and 20 minutes later we were there I looked out the top of the window to see the ferry.

'I remember gazing at the ferries when I was younger they looked so big I was sort of scared of them.'

Derek turned to me. 'Scared of them?'

'A small 5 year old sitting alone by the docks seeing all the boats go by then a huge ferry comes along, yes I would say scared.' I laughed.

'Sitting alone?' Derek asked turning off the car.