Chapter 19

Meredith's POV:
I ended up going straight from Ellis' school to the shop quickly to grab some things that I needed stocking up on. Before I knew it I needed to be at the hospital for Mr Lock's surgery.

"Hello I'm Dr Grey I'm here to meet with Dr Shepherd." I said approaching a nurse at reception.

"Oh yes your from Seattle Grace aren't you?" The nurse said putting the phone down.

"Yes I am I'm only here for a surgery."

"Oh I'll page Dr Shepherd now. You don't look old enough to be a surgeon though?" She questioned.

"You wouldn't believe how many times I get told that. But I'm actually chief of surgery over at Seattle Grace." I giggled.

"Chief Grey" a voice said behind me.
I spun around and immediately grinned.

"And you must be Dr Shepherd" I held out my hand.

She took the shake "Call me Amelia."

"In that case call me Meredith."

"Alright then ... Meredith we can go find you some scrubs before I take you to see Mr Lock."

"Brilliant but please don't tell me, the scrubs is that horrible lime green colour your wearing, no offence." I playfully raised my brow.

"No offence taken I don't like the colour but obviously I'm only a resident so this is our colour. You will be in a dark green set, as your not a resident nor intern." She laughed leading me down the corridor.

"Well that's good to hear I'm forever thankful that Seattle Grace have navy scrubs."

"The famous navy scrubs my brother goes on about them, as like you he doesn't like these green ones. You probably know him actually, Dr Derek Shepherd?"

Oh yes I knew him. I knew how his lips felt against mine the way when he touched my skin it would sent shocks all over my body. But I can't say any of this.

"Yeah I do actually. As you know I'm certified in general and neuro so when I came to Seattle Grace and was offered a head role I originally thought it was for Neurosurgery but then I found it was your brother who held that spot. I did feel bad on my first day, I wanted his patient I was going to take them but then I decided, it being my first day and all I should be nice and I only kicked a resident out so that I could observe."

"I'm liking you more and more." She smiled back at me.

"That's good to hear."

We halted at the attending's lounge where Amelia gave me a set of scrubs and waited for me outside. I quickly got out of that got awful dress and into the scrubs.

I walked out the lounge to see Amelia waiting for me.

"Dark green doesn't look bad on you."

"Doesn't compare to my perfect blue ones" I laughed.

"Oh and Meredith I would like you to meet Dr Nick Marsh , Dr Marsh this is Chief Grey over at Seattle Grace she will be with us today in the O.R."

I held my hand out to him "Pleasure to meet you, but I'm sure if Amelia was an attending I would be no use to her, she's extremely smart."

"Believe me pleasures all mine, I'm a transplant surgeon I have your liver for today. What part are you on?" Nick asked.

"Well I'll mostly be on general so I'll be using that liver. But I was called in so Amelia could basically ride solo, though I will be there to just make sure nothing goes wrong."

"But you just said your here for the liver meaning general not neuro?" He asked confused.

"I'm here for both."

"Your double board certified in general and neuro? You barely look out of med school." He laughed.

"Yes I am. But why don't we go find Mr Lock and tell him we are ready for the surgery."