Chapter 12

Please vote and comment and read my other stories if you haven't already :)

Dereks POV:

' You can leave now if you want' Meredith breathed.
' Meredith I-I I am so sorry' I edge closer to her waiting for her permission to hug her, I moved in and wrapped my arms around her. She had just told me something extremely personal and my heart breaks for her. But I am proud, so proud that she didn't let it pull her down. We stayed cuddled close on the sofa. I didn't plan on leaving her alone tonight even if she were to scream and try throw me out, I'm not leaving her.
' Thank you, thank you for sharing that with me I can't believe you dealt with all that.' I whispered putting my head on top of her head.

' Well there's plenty more of crazy dark and twisty stories that I have. Go on you don't have to stay you can go' she said quietly.
' I'm not leaving. I'm going to stay. If that's alright with you which I really hope it is' I pulled her closer to me.
She didn't say anything' just nuzzled herself into my chest and nodded her head.
——-

I didn't want to move. It's now two in the morning I saw on the clock in Meredith living room. As much as I didn't want to move I thought it best to get Meredith into her own bed. I slowly got up and tightly gripped onto Meredith, something just felt right I just couldn't place my finger on it. Scratch that, I knew what it was, rather who it was, it was this beautiful woman in my arms. Meredith. I headed upstairs to put her to bed I wasn't too sure which room was hers so the first door I had tried in fact was not hers, nor the second, or third. Each one was either empty or full of boxes, guessing she hadn't unpacked. The last room down at the end of the corridor I tried and I finally got it right. I was surprised mer was still asleep. Opening the door I was a little shocked to see Ellis fast asleep on the large bed, sprawled out on it. Come to think about it oh my search to find Mer's room I didn't see a room that would suit Ellis. After setting Meredith down on the bed I made sure Ellis was safely next to her before moving back downstairs to the couch. Let's see how comfy it is, probably beats where I live, but none of that matters because I am staying. Roll on tomorrow.

I was woken up by the front door opening, seeing Alex stumbling in. Must've had a late night. It was 5 am and so I decided to get up anyway might as well make sure Alex doesn't fall over across the living room floor. I walked over to him and grabbed his shoulder guiding him to the couch.
' Derek?' Alex mumbled confused.

' Yep, it's me Derek.'

' Your here , Overnight? Oh! You and Meredith.'

' No, no not me and Meredith. I just stayed over on that couch actually.' I pointed down to Alex and the couch.

' Dam, she stuck you on this.'

' She didn't force me' I laughed.

' Good' he grumbled moving on the sofa. I went towards the kitchen to search for some coffee. She is a surgeon she must definitely have coffee surely?

' Oh and Derek' Alex called out grabbing my attention to look at him.
' She's special don't do anything you will regret' Alex said more seriously.

I curled my lip in awkward attempt at a smile before heading back towards the kitchen. ' Wouldn't dream of it' I thought to myself. I caught sight of the coffee pot and went to brew myself a cup. Was
this maybe a little weird? Me in Meredith's kitchen, probably yes. I don't want her to think I just snuck out though. But would it be more awkward for her to wake up and find me in her kitchen. Oh well I would prefer the weirdness than her thinking I just left.

Really short chapter I know my exams finish tomorrow so will be updating more! This was just a short chapter on Derek's thoughts.

Thankyou so much for reading!