Chapter 11

This chapter is going to dive into Meredith's past, it will contain graphic content and I will put a TW when. Read at your own choice.

Derek's POV:

My watch read 6:15 I was on my way to Meredith's we were just hanging out I guess you would call it. We agreed that we wanted to be more than friends the other day so we were going to try the dating thing. Most people would say this was a bad idea dating someone before you knew the person, but deep down I know Meredith is special and nothing about her is going to scare me off. She's spending some time with Ellis I feel slightly bad for interrupting their time but Meredith said it would be okay and I can't wait to spend some time together. I planned on checking in on her after this mornings incident with Burke, honestly I didn't see anything wrong with the guy but after these last couple of weeks I can clearly see he has a problem. She mentioned earlier this morning we would end up watching Ellis' favourite which was scooby doo so I went out my way to grab her a small gift before I came over.

I was a couple minutes away from Mer's house now, I dropped her off the other day even though she was being too stubborn to take a ride from me. Just thinking about it made me smile.

--

I was outside I parked my car out on the side of the pavement. As I was walking up the steps I saw her, a smile glowing from each side of her face dancing with a little girl in her arms. It was amazing how much they look alike. I slowly made my way up the steps and quickly retreated back when I realised I had forgotten my gift for Ellis. Now that I had got it I made my way back to the front door and knocked. Her door had a large window down the middle so I could see in, I saw her stop dancing and walk over to the door with Ellis still in a tight grip. She opened the door brushing her bangs behind her ears.

'Hey' I smiled catching her gaze.

'Hey.. come on in.' She said opening the door wider to let me in.

I turned my attention to Ellis who was now standing next to Meredith slightly behind her leg.

'Hey Ellis, my name is Derek I'm a friend of your moms. Earlier she told me that you really liked scooby doo. Remember the other morning when I came over and you introduced me to your baby.' I pointed at her doll. 'Well, I thought of you when I saw this and thought you could have it.' I held out a light purple gift bag for her to open, she hesitated looking up to mer as though asking for permission who nodded which then lead Ellis to take the bag. She opened it up to reveal a scooby teddy and instantly her face lit up with a toothy smile.
'Tank you' she giggled running back to the couch. As she ran off I stood up to meet Meredith's gaze and smiled.

'You know you didn't have to do that.'

'No I didn't but I saw it whilst I was out and remembered you said Ellis liked it.'

'Well, thankyou' she said walking to the kitchen.

'I just ordered the pizza not too long ago, I need to just change Ellis into her pyjamas if the pizza arrives whilst I'm upstairs the money is in the dish there.'

'Yep okay, I'll be here.'

'Thanks.' With that she walked towards the living room picking up Ellis as she made her way upstairs. As she was gone I couldn't help but notice that there were cardboard boxes scattered around. Had she just moved in? She has been at the hospital for a couple weeks now surely she would have unpacked by now. My thoughts were then interrupted as I heard the door go, probably the pizza. I headed to the door and paid for the pizza then brought it into the kitchen. Moments later I heard footsteps making their way down the stairs.

'Mer the pizza arrived its here in the kitchen.'

'Oh brilliant... Ellis come on sweetie.' Meredith grabbed the two pizza boxes. 'Oh Derek that box by the counter can you grab out 3 plates, I haven't had chance to wash up.' She then placed the pizza's on the coffee table and sat down on the sofa next to Ellis. I opened the box to see a stack of plates, I pulled 3 out and followed Meredith.