Chapter 9

Meredith's POV:

'Took you long enough.' I giggled as I opened the door to Derek.

'Hey' He ran his hand through his hair as though he was nervous.

'Hey, umm I need to ask a favour.' I spoke fiddling with my watch.

'Sure what is it?' He questioned with a smile.

'Well umm well .. this week, I  if you wouldn- wouldn't mind.'

'Meredith I find your rambling cute but just get to it.' An amusing laugh came from him.

'I haven't taken Ellis to school this week, Alex has and I promised to take her today. I just didn't plan on having no car. So if it is okay with you could we drop her off before we go to the dealership?'

'Yeah of course we can. Just tell me the directions.'

'Okay brilliant thankyou.' I jumped up and set a kiss on his cheek before walking into the living room.

'Derek, come on come in I'll just need to grab Ellis.' As though on cue the little curly haired girl made her way down the stairs. Slowly taking one step at a time holding onto the banister to make sure she didn't trip.

'Muma Alex don may hair.' She twirled showing her hair which was in two French braids.

'Oh sunshine it looks amazing, and I see your wearing the dress I got you. Anyway hun grab your baby then my friend Derek here is going to give us a lift to school.'

The girl scanned Derek and sent him a shy smile before walking off to grab her bag.

'I guess I'm grabbing her doll haha. Sorry Derek I will just be a moment if she forgets the thing we will have to come back again.' I sent a smile.

Derek's POV:

 I told Meredith I would help her look at some cars, so here I am knocking at her front door. She was wearing some light jeans and a green jumper an outfit so basic but I couldn't help but notice the way it all hugged her perfect form. I snapped myself back to reality when I heard her mumble something opening the door. I tried to think of a charming sentence but nothing came to mind so I flashed her a smile instead.

After listening to her ramble on about something which for the record I find her rambling adorable other may not. We are dropping Ellis to school before we head off. Ellis is the spitting image of Meredith. Huge bright smiles, long blonde hair and emerald like eyes except Ellis' look more of a light sky blue. Before getting lost in my train of thought I heard Meredith speak 'I guess I'm grabbing her doll haha. Sorry Derek I will just be a moment if she forgets the thing we will have to come back again.'  

Ellis came and sat next to me on the sofa and was analysing me clearly. Her tiny hands went to my cheeks and felt the stubble on my face. I need to shave that later probably.

'Here you go sunshine.' Meredith waved the baby doll slightly out of breath.

My head popped up to see Meredith and then I looked at Ellis 'Hey Ellis what's your baby's name?'

'Baby.' She giggled back.

'Lovely name.' I smiled 'Are we ready then ladies?'

Meredith grabbed her bag 'Yep.'

'Bye Alex! I'll see you after Lunch!' She shouted up the stairs.

Ellis grabbed my hand, an action that didn't go un noticed by Meredith who clearly thought it made me uncomfortable as she came over holding her hand out to Ellis.