Part 24

Derek was currently sitting at Meredith's desk watching Ellis from across the room, who was colouring they originally planned to read her book but then she decided that the book might be a little advanced for Derek. He gazed around the room thinking about how it could have been his office, chief Shepherd.

"Derk" Ellis called snapping Derek out of his haze. He always go to himself when she said Derk like she had been for the last hour.

"Yes Ellis?" He asked standing up to go to her.

"Do you like colouring?"

"I guess you could say I do"

"I made you a picture, see" She held up her drawing and he looked at it as though focusing on every detail.
"Look it's you" she giggled.
Derek took the photo that she had given him and smiled she had drawn him in his scrubs, definitely deserved putting up somewhere proud in his office.

"Can I keep this? I want to put it in my office, you and I can find a spot in there if you want?" Derek said still smiling.

"Okay but I need a juice first"

"We can get you a juice" Derek smiled holding his hand out for her to take.

They headed to the cafeteria and just as they were steps away from the door Ellis stopped walking.

"My legs hurt" She dropped her bottom lip and held her arms up motioning for him to carry her.

"Come here" He wrapped his right arm around her and carried her the rest of the way in.
"Let's get you a drink shall we?"

He pushed the double door open with his back and swivelled around as he entered the cafeteria, they headed straight to one of the queues to get a drink. He was too focused on what he was doing that he didnt notice all the eyes that were on him from everyone including Mark. Mark was sat at one of the tables staring at him with fascination as to what was he doing.

"Right we have a juice do we need anything else?" Derek asked Ellis as he headed towards one of the tables.

Ellis gasped catching Derek's attention "Cookie!" She pointed at the table full of all bakery items.

"You know having lots of sugar is bad for you" Derek commented, she gabbed a hold of his nose and giggled.

He soon gave in "Don't tell your mommy."

Now that they had both the juice and a cookie they sat down at a small table in the corner of the cafeteria and Ellis tucked into the cookie as soon as she sat down. It was then that their peaceful silence was interrupted by Mark who sat down in the open seat beside Derek.

"Derk whose he?" Ellis asked taking a sip of her juice.

"My name is Mark, Mark Sloan."

"Hi" She waved at him smiling.

"Who are you then?" Mark asked.

"I'm Ellis" She said giggling.

"Who do you belong to then because I know your definitely not his daughter. Unless you have something to share Derek?"

"My mummy works here"

"Whose your mum?"

"Your boss." She laughed getting down heading towards the bin.

"My boss?" He turned to Derek confused.

"That cute little girl's name ends with Grey" Derek patted Mark on the shoulder laughing.

"What?" Mark started looking around the room confused, as he was doing so his gaze caught sight of Burke headed their way with both his hands tucked into his lab coat pockets. Though as Burke was walking over Ellis skipped in front of him before she sat back down in her seat.

"I put my rubbish in the bin can we go back now?" She mumbled setting her head on the table.

"Yes we can just in a moment though."

"Okay. Where's the toilet?"

"Over there the one next to the lovely lady wearing a pink top" He pointed.
She slid off her chair "Thanks Derk."

"Derk ay?" Mark commented once Ellis was out of eye view.

"Shut up."

"Well boys are you babysitting?" Burke said with a smug look now that he had approached their table.

Mark laughed as he stood up "Derek here is, but have you seen the looks he has been getting in here. As soon as the two walked in you saw all the women's heart's break. He's suddenly a chick magnet man"

Burke didn't say anything bar look at the table.

"Scuse me" Ellis brushed past spilling her drink down Burke in the process (which everyone could see sh had doe on purpose.) His jaw dropped staring at the apple juice Ellis had just spilt. Everyone but Burke was laughing and then Ellis decided to comment as she climbed up into Derek's lap "Think he had an accident"

Mark was enjoying everything he was seeing "Damn little Grey god help us all if your mother is anything like you."
Her only reply was to show a toothy grin.

Thankyou for reading sorry for it being short :)