Chapter 36

"Meredith calm down" Finn said calmly at her.

He turned behind him and saw that her heart rate was increasing rapidly and it would soon alert someone.
"Meredith you need to calm down, I'm sorry really, NOW JUST CALM DOWN." His tone jumped from one end of the scale to the other, frightening her even more. Which of course increased her heart rate doing the exact opposite of what he was wanting to happen.

The door swung open presenting two nurses the first of whom flicked on the light to find Finn laying beside her. Nurse Moore was taken back and unsure what to do with what was presented before her.

"I suggest you two leave." Finn said sitting up on Meredith's bed.

"Sir I need to ask you to step away from our patient."

"This is my fiancé." Liar.

Nurse Moore was a stubborn old woman and had been a nurse for over 30 years at this hospital, she had been in a situation like this. She knew the best way to go around it. "That may be the case, but I'm afraid visiting hours are now over. So I'm sorry but I must insist you leave."

"And like I said before,  you need to leave."

Nurse Moore turned to look at her apprentice nurse who had never been in a situation like this. She gave a knowing look and whispered to her to call security.

"Look I'm just here to see my fiancé! Now woman go and get me a bed so I can stay here and accompany her. This is the love of my life I should be treated with some god dam respect around here."

A moment of her looking at him and then over to Meredith weighing out what was best to do for her. After so she begrudgingly said "Of course just let me go find one."

"Finally making yourself useful."
Meredith's eyes followed Nurse Moore as she left pleading with her not to go.
Nurse Moore gave her a reassuring look.

As she made her way down the hallway she saw that Rosa was on the phone contacting security and she noticed Alex coming up  beside her.
"Dr Karev, Dr Karev please come with me immediately it's important."

"What is it?" He quickened his pace.

"Hurry" She led him to the door of Meredith's room.
"Security is coming." Rosa added.

Alex looked at her confused at first but when he heard shouting from inside he crashed the door open and saw Red.

"What the hell are you doing! Get away from her!"
Alex saw the tears falling from Meredith's face and the fear which flooded it.

"Oh great not you, really Meredith? Him? Still? Surprised she still hangs around with you." Finn was mocking.

——-

After being told that there was an emergency surgery that needed Derek's assistants when he arrived to the scrub room he saw through the window that there was no surgery there wasn't even anyone in the O.R. Was there a miscommunication?

Either way this meant he could go back to Meredith's room and keep her company for the remainder of the night.

When he arrived on her floor he saw staff curled up with each other behind the nurse's station's and security had flooded the halls. What was going on? He hurried along to see what was happening but soon discovered the news from Teddy.
"Someone's in Meredith's room. He's dangerous."
She saw him lunge towards the door not giving a chance to think "Alex is in there!"

He opened the door and saw Alex at one end of the room and Meredith by the window she was being held up by a man.

"Finn. Let her go!"

This was Finn? The guy from her past! Oh how badly Derek hated this guy for all he put Meredith through.
Derek went to move towards her but as he did Finn yanked her backwards resting his arm around her throat, with a scalpel.
"If you even so much as think of coming over here I will hurt her. It's funny how many of these little things you find just laying around her." he sniggered pulling tighter on his grip.
This caused Alex to stop in his tracks.

"Now we are all going to listen, I have a right to see my son. Even after you lied Meredith I'm willing to forgive you so now if you two would just move OUT OF MY WAY we will all be fine." Finn demanded.

"Over my dead body" Alex was furious he balled up his hands heading over.
Finn screamed in agony catching all the men by surprise. What?

"You don't have a son and you certainly don't have a daughter! She's mine and mine alone!" Meredith spat jabbing the IV drip into him. Her anger from the years had all come flooding back. He deserves every little piece of pain she gives.
"You will never be a father to her and you will never see her! I will kill you before that happens! Did you hear me? KILL YOU!" As she shouted the needle pulled down the side of his stomach tearing the skin.

Finn let go of her stumbling back against the glass window. Dropping the scalpel on the floor. His hand immediately flew to his side and as he lifted it up the blood stained his hand dripping down off his palm. His body hit back on the glass once again and he looked at Meredith with a pleading confused expression before hastily changing it to a furious one.
"Meredith you bitch!"
His clean hand he used to prop himself back up from the wall and push towards her. He grabbed hold of the top of her gown pulling her up to reach his face.

"Don't you lay a hand on her!" Derek yelled grabbing Finn's scrub collar whilst Alex reached out to grab Meredith away.