Chapter 21

"So this is where you live" Meredith said looking around the trailer as they walked in.

"This is where I live" Derek confirmed shutting the door behind her.

"I love it, hidden away from everyone it's like a man cave." She giggled sitting on the bed. "But what is the plan for this evening then"

"We are going to camp if your up for it." Derek said leaning against the counter.

"I've only been camping twice, once when I was a Girl Scout until I got kicked out and the second time was with a group of friends in high school though I wouldn't really call it camping."

"You got kicked out of the Girl Scouts? How on earth did you do that?" Derek laughed.

"I gave one of the leaders a frog. It was on the camp, I gave her the frog for breakfast in between two pieces of bread. It didn't really work though as it hopped off."

"By any chance did you know Mark when you were younger as what you have just described reminded me of when he put my pet frog in the microwave. Whenever my mother will bring it up he always has the excuse that he never pressed start"

"Oh my goodness. Mark must've been fun to grow up with even if you had to hide your frog from him. Was he always like that?" She smiled.

"No he wasn't always like that, we got on quite a lot other than here and there. Like all siblings do." Derek commented coming to sit next to her on the bed.

"You see it's stories like that, you know the funny stories or embarrassing ones that make me wish I had siblings growing up so I could tell these stories. I wish I had a sister to grow up with."

"Well like I offered before, I'm still open to it you can have one of my sisters I'll let you pick."

"Well I've only met your sister Amelia so I'm going to say her plus she seems really fun to get on with there is a vibe to her. Good thing I got her number then I'll let her know the new arrangements that she is now my sister, not yours" Meredith blushed.

"Honestly take her, take them all. But enough talk about them Iv got a tent we could use to do proper camping but I feel like we should start easy we are spending the night here in the trailer." He waved his hand in the air.
"But don't worry before you start you've got the bed I've got down there" he pointed to the other end of the trailer where there was a convertible chair that turned into a bed.

With a moment of hesitation to what she was about to say she decided to just go through with it.

"Don't be so stupid sleep in the bed, it's your bed I'm the one putting you out. We can just sleep in it together .... that's if you don't mind." She suggested.

"Are you sur-"

Before he could finish she interrupted quickly.
"Yes I'm sure I mean if I smell that bad or you can't bear to look at me we can build a pillow wall." She mocked.

"No need for a wall, trust me." He grinned. "Now I know your a tequila girl but after a great surgery I celebrate, I have no champagne or anything fancy but how about a beer?"

"Beer is perfect" she answered.

Derek went to the mini fridge and pulled out two beers and walked to the door holding one out to her. She was confused as to what he was going on about. She pulled a face suggesting she didn't understand what he meant.

"Come on we can drink these out on the deck, I find it a lot nicer." Derek opened the trailer door and waited as she got up and followed him.

Earlier when they had walked up on the deck she had seen the chairs out but there was hardly any light until now. The were fairy lights all above the porch of the trailer and just that little add on it changed everything immediately. They both went and sat in the chairs but then Derek suddenly stood up and walked back inside. She was sat there not sure what to do, so she looked around her surroundings he was right the view really is perfect. She spotted a lake down the hill or at least she hoped it was as it was still quite hard to see due to it being dark. That was then when she heard the door open and Derek popped out holding a blanket.

"Thought you might get cold" he passed her a dark tanned blanket before taking a seat beside her.

"Thanks"

"Congrats on a successful surgery!" He held his beer up for a cheers to which she clinked her drink to his.
They both took sips of their drinks and that's when Meredith's phone buzzed.
She looked at the name to see it was Amelia.

Brilliant surgery today, Thankyou for helping me out today. Would you possibly want to meet up at some point?
~ Amelia

Meredith quickly replied back to her.

I would love to send me the details and I'll be there!
~ Meredith

"Whose that? Why would they be texting you at this time?" Derek asked. Normally he wouldn't pry but he thought it could be that Nick guy. I mean why would he be texting her at this time?

"It could be have been Alex for all you know" she grinned.

"Oh is he okay?"

"It wasn't Alex, it was Amelia, your sister."

"Oh well that explains the message being sent at this time. Why is she messaging you?"

"Not that I need to say but she asked to meet up with me at some point."

"Oh that's odd." He said taking a sip of the beer.

"Why is that odd?" She questioned putting the phone down.

"Well Amelia doesn't like anyone, maybe you two will get on really well then." Derek said trying to hide the huge grin he was keeping in. She was already getting on with Amelia, Amelia of all people she doesn't like anyone. He couldn't wait till the time was right for her to meet the rest of his family. He knew she was the one.

They had been sat out talking for nearly 2 hours sharing embarrassing stories from when they were younger to first kisses. Only thing was when Derek would ask about her family growing up she would divert the conversation elsewhere.

He decided not to press anymore on the topic. They didn't even know what the time was anymore but they knew it was late and so decided to go in and get some sleep. Meredith was the first in but before she sat down she spoke softly.
"Where is my bag that Alex packed?"

"Oh I popped it in this cupboard" Derek closed the trailer door and then went over to the cupboard. He grabbed it out and then handed it to her. Derek then went back in the same cupboard and pulled out a baggy T-shirt and joggers for himself to wear.
The cupboard door was open and as Meredith was behind it it hid her face and so Derek missed her reaction to when she opened her bag. Her and Alex were very open with each other I mean he is her person, but when she thought he was going to pack her bag she thought it would have sensible items in it. She saw the typical things such as a pair of jeans and a sweater for tomorrow when she went back to the hospital. But when she needed pyjamas she was expecting a little bit more than what seemed like a piece of string. Her jaw quickly dropped in embarrassment.

"Derek..."

He peered over the cupboard door slowly "yeah?"

"I do love Alex very much what I don't love is his fashion choices. But then I must remember he's a man. Do you have a T-shirt or anything that I could possibly wear as I cannot wear this in front of you" she hid her face.

"I do you have a spare something but I think I would rather see you in that." He laughed throwing her an oversized shirt.

There's so much I want to do with this story but I just feel like I'm rushing their relationship. Any thoughts?
And again Thank you for reading :)