22

It was about 2am not too long after they had gone to sleep it was extremely cold in the night they didn't really realise it as they were both cuddled up and all the blankets. But it was then when Meredith started to stir, Derek felt all her fidgeting and groggily woke up. He peered over to his left to see what was going on in and saw Meredith with a frown on her face moving about as if she was having a bad dream. He wasn't sure whether to wake her or not Instead he carefully went over to his side and pulled her in to his chest. She didn't calm down though whilst he moved her she then unknowingly slapped him in the face to which Derek shot his face back quickly. God she was small but her slaps hurt.
" no, this isn't fair" she mumbled.

"Meredith?" Derek whispered, he didn't get much reply as she was still sound asleep. Derek kissed the top of her forehead and played with her hair which did seem to soothe her. He decided to keep her close instead of moving her so they were both cuddled up now and Derek hoped she wouldn't stir up again as oddly enough seeing her upset made him just want to do anything he could just take away her pain. Of course he didn't know why she seemed upset in the night maybe he should ask her about it morning?

Only an hour or so later she woke up screaming "I promise I won't! I won't! Please!"
Derek shot up immediately, scared himself as he didn't know who was screaming and why.
Meredith was now crying with her head in her lap, Derek put a hand on her shoulder to grab her attention "hey hey hey it's me Derek what's going on? ...... You're alright I'm here."
She didn't respond to him she was just crying now the screaming stopped she leaned into Derek and he pulled her for a hug rocking them both slightly.
"You're okay, you're safe, and you got me" Derek whispered into her ear.
She nodded in reply still breathing into Dereks chest leaving a slight wet teary stain there now but Derek didn't mind. He didn't mind at all.

—-

Meredith's alarm went off on her phone it was 4:30 she had a busy day today. She had 3 surgeries scheduled a meeting about the surprise she had for the head of departments and she had a meeting to go to with Ellis' teacher about how she has been getting on. She turned her alarm off immediately but as she went to get up she realised she was trapped by a pair of arms. These arms were very hairy and you could feel the muscles. She felt a comfort though knowing they were Derek's but that feeling didn't stay for long instead it got replaced with embarrassment as she remembered the events of last night. 1 she needed to escape and 2 she really did need to get going.
"Derek" she whispered. She got no reply unless you count a muffled groan, instead his arms tightened around her. She tapped on his arms in an alternative method to try and wake him up, surprisingly it worked and he was now moving one of his arms unknowingly but that gave Meredith a clear exit out. She she took the opportunity and carefully rolled away from him. She managed not to wake him as she got out of the bed, she checked the time on her phone and realise she needed to get ready. Only a small issue she didn't know where to change, it was only a small trailer after all. She peered over at Derek to see how awake he was, she couldn't really tell but he seemed fast asleep so she decided to be a bit risky. There she was at the end of the bed and dressing, she just prayed he wouldn't see her if he woke.

Little did she know the moment she had slipped out of Derek's arms he had woken up, so as she was changing he did in fact see her. Though in his defence he didn't know she was going to be changing in front of him but again in her defence she didn't know he was awake. As she changed Derek noticed the scar on the back again he remembered the story of her telling him about how she got it but now that he was staring at it he was imagining the incident in his head. She slipped on a low cut shirt and jeans not something you would be expecting your chief of surgery to wear but then again Meredith came across as someone who wasn't afraid to hide who she was for someone or something. Or was she too afraid?

As she was putting her watch on she turned around now meeting Derek eyes. She got scared that he was going to tell her off.
"I'm sorry" she mumbled.

"For what?" Derek asked confused.

"I didn't know where to change so I just done it here I probably should've asked" she stepped back.

"Honestly no complaints from my end, but why do you think that I would've told you off?" Derek thought that this exchange is rather odd.

She just shrugged him off ignoring his question before going to grab her bag.
"I have a really busy day today, I need to get going. But I just wanted to say thank you I really had fun last night I haven't... laughed like that ...with someone in a long time." She hesitantly said, Meredith wanted to say more but was then interrupted by the sound of her phone buzzing, she picked it up and when she saw the name on the phone her face immediately dropped and turned white.

"What's up? You look like you've seen a ghost" Derek chuckled.

"I really need to go. I'll see you later" she grabbed her bag and left the trailer.

Derek for some reason felt like he was being brushed off but chose not to think too much into it. She left rather quickly has he done something wrong? They hadn't done anything why was she acting strange? That was then when he remembered that yesterday he took her to the trailer in his car so after her swift exit just then what was she going to do.

Sorry I've been very busy with college stuff but managed update my other book the other day so check that out if you haven't already. This chapter was very short because I'm having a writing block but I'm also busy at the moment sorting college out.
Thankyou for reading :)