Chapter 16

Was he overly eager? Yes extremely. He was spending the day with Meredith. The other day they had an amazing date, especially the end when he got to kiss her. The touch of her lips would be a hard memory to remove from his mind not as though he would want that imagery removed.

But today he was going to help her out, unpack a little maybe, go to the store for paint and bits. She originally didn't want the help but he wasn't putting down a fight on not doing it. So that lead him to where he currently was now. Now he was on his way Meredith's.

He arrived at hers and knocked on the door waiting for someone to answer.

'Hey' A soft voice called out opening the door. There she was. She was wearing a simple pair of jeans and long green top that looked slightly too small for her.

'Hey' Derek returned gazing at her.

There was a silence between the two. Not an awkward silence though there was something comforting about it. The pair were looking at each other with grins on their faces.

'I'll just grab my bag then we can go.' She bit her lip before turning around and hooking the bag over her shoulder. He lead her to the car and held the top of the car door open for her as she got in.

They were 30 minutes into their journey. Everything they needed was at IKEA and the nearest one wasn't exactly close to them.

'So how come it's taken you so long to unpack?' Derek questioned taking his eye off the road for a moment to look at her.

She quickly turned her head to look back at him.
'Well I guess really it's due to lack of time. And I may  also be too lazy to do it.' She giggled.

'How have you survived this far?' He laughed.

'Well if Alex didn't remind me to get some groceries I'd probably be fading away under the stairs.'

'You know you need groceries right?' He joked.

'Yes yes I know but I don't cook. I order takeout. When I say I don't cook it's because I can't cook. I'll blow up the house and for some strange reason I would quite like to keep my house standing.' She grinned.
'Truth is, if Alex wasn't here I wouldn't be standing up straight, he has helped me out so much over the years as well as now. He has been crashing on the sofa because I hadn't made him a bedroom up. I'm not the best person to him.'

'So how long has Alex been crashing on the couch.' He smiled back at her.

'Well since the day you met him, so a couple weeks. We worked at the same hospital before I moved here. Iv known him for ages! We went to med school together, he too graduated earlier then some people.'

'So I'm gathering by your chat that you guys are really close. Have you two ever ....' He raised a brow clearly hinting at something.

'Eww no.' She let out a contagious giggle. 'He's like my brother. Yes we met when he was trying to hook up with me at a bar. Then I revealed to him that 1 I wasn't interested and 2 I may have been underage.'
She smiled
'But he has stood by me through thick and thin and he is my best friend, my only family other than Ellis.'

'Your Alex is my Mark.' Derek lit up.

'Your Mark?'

'Yeah. He's basically my brother. I grew up in a house full of girls always wanted a brother but didn't get one, plus Mark was always around mine and we are still friends to this day. Funny enough we are like you and Alex as he works at Seattle Grace too. You know Mark Sloan.' Derek commented.

'Oh god.'

'What?'

'I recognise that name and have only just clocked it with where.'

'You haven't slept with him have you?' Derek looked at her worriedly. The first girl since Addison and she too had slept with Mark. God sake of course she slept with him.

'What no! I gathered all you men think about is sex but christ that's the second time you have asked in the space of 5 minutes. No. I met Mark at a boring medical conference we got drunk and bored and ended up hitting the clubs. I barely let loose but I did that one time. We had an amazing time until he took me to a ...' she trailed off then stopped remembering the embarrassing time.

'Took you where...' Derek motioned for her to carry on.

'A .. strip club.'

Derek was a bit taken , a strip club!?
He remembered Mark going on about this blonde chick Mark's words not his. Going out and having a great time apparently it was the best time he had had with a chick that didn't include sex. Though Mark never got over that part as when he got back to Seattle to see Derek he just went on and on about what a great ass this girl had. He's ashamed to admit this but yes Derek did agree with Mark on that one. He didn't really listen to any trips Mark would go on when he mentioned a woman but was quite interested in this one so continued to ask.

'A strip club?

'Yeah... Mark is .. well you have known him long enough so I'm sure you know what he's like but basically we got extremely drunk and he and I done an act together then got thrown out by security...' she began laughing at the memory.

'Doesn't surprise me! But when you say act...' Derek mischievously grinned.

'If you saw me on the floor you would be watching all night. Oh and yes he was that drunk we both were performers.' Insinuating on the 'both.' She then playfully grabbed his arm in which she could then feel his muscly arms and had to hide the grin on her face.
'If you tell anyone, I'll kill you and make it look like an accident. Understand ?'

'Understood.'

They turned into the car park before heading into the store to grab everything.

Thankyou for reading this chapter!