Chapter 18

She couldn't believe it she had just kissed him! Well, she had kissed him before yes, but this was different. He had actually kissed her this time!

She lay in bed with all these thoughts running through her mind. They had spent the weekend together, doing tasks such as painting the walls or assembling furniture. Her house was finally set up and that was all thanks to Derek helping her out. Alex had taken that as a chance to move into his new apartment he found which was a couple minutes down the road. Ellis was upset that Alex was now moving out into his own place, it took lots of persuasion to keep her from wanting to hold onto him and never let go. He stayed for dinner and they all ate pizza. Thank god he was only down the road so Ellis could see him whenever she wanted.

She insisted that Derek stay for dinner as well and after a little time he agreed. Though apparently he refuses to eat anymore junk food with her for the rest of the year. All four of them were laughing and giggling,

But currently he was on her mind. She wondered what he was doing. Was he also thinking about her? Probably not, before her thoughts could end up in an endless spiral her alarm echoed through the room. Today she didn't need to be in until after her surgery over at Seattle Pres. That wasn't scheduled till 11 so she planned on dropping Ellis at school then stopping at her office to collect the files for the surgery. There was also a slight wave of excitement as the surgeon she would be working with today was Derek's sister. There was this urge to want to know more about Amelia as she was Derek's sister. Plus Amelia from her reputation seemed very head strong but doesn't like being told what to do. A little like Meredith.

She got up and opened the curtains allowing the morning sunrise to light up the room. After doing so she trailed into her bathroom and got herself ready for the day.

After a quick shower she made her way to the closet to grab out an outfit for today. She wasn't too sure on what to wear as she now was also representing her hospital today, the hospital which she was chief of. Plus she was a department head. At Seattle Grace it was fine, jeans and a top or maybe an odd dress but most of the time she would wear scrubs so it wasn't a big deal. Today though it was going to have to be a dress, she chose a dark blue dress that reached her knees. She hated the thing and was looking forward to just getting into some comfy scrubs.

Just as she smoothed her hands down the dress a messy haired blonde opened the door making it creak slightly.

"Morning Ellis" Meredith whispered reaching down to pick her up. As she picked her up she noticed she wasn't holding her baby like she did everyday since she was given it just over a year ago. But instead she was holding the Scooby Doo teddy that Derek had gotten her.

"Did you like your first ever sleep in your new room?" Meredith beamed.

Ellis giggled and nodded a yes before she nuzzled her head into the nook of Meredith's neck.
"Let's get some breakfast then we will get you ready for school sweet."

——

Just after an hour had passed it was time for the pair to head off. This morning Meredith was dropping Ellis at school and Alex said he wanted to pick her up as he doesn't want to miss her too much. But if they wanted to not be late they had to get a wiggle on.