Chapter 23

Meredith was currently sat in her office chair slightly moving it from left to right as she thought about earlier. Just remembering herself waking up, crying and screaming made her want to shrivel up from embarrassment. Then having to think about how Derek felt and what he probably now thought of her was making it worse. She needed to worry about this another time though or she would be late for her surgery. There was so much going on in her head she had no time to even think about the phone call earlier in the morning.

She decided that after her first surgery she would call all the department heads in for the exciting news she wanted to share. Though that would involve seeing Derek. She needs to be professional, hopefully Derek won't want to speak to her. She wouldn't blame him after this morning.

The surgery that is scheduled for this morning is simple enough and so she decided to have the help from Dr Stevens assisting. Her second surgery was at 9:20 more complicated she was doing the surgery alongside Teddy to which she was thankful for as she didn't really fancy dealing with Burke. No one really did.

Meredith changed into her scrubs and headed down to the O.R. She loved the fact that hardly anyone was there. The quietness at this hour always brought her great comfort, she felt as though she was in her own little world.

"Chief Grey"

"Good Morning Dr Stevens" Meredith smiled.

"Morning. Thankyou for allowing me to help assist in this surgery it really is a pleasure" The blonde beamed.

"Morning person I take it?" Meredith chuckled.

"Not really. Surprising I know. I'm just very excited" Izzie stated as they walked into the scrub room.

"I can tell but this is just a plane Jane surgery nothing interesting till later which you will also be helping in on."

"Oh I ummm"

"What's the matter Stevens?" Meredith questioned.

"It's just that Burke is doing this really cool surgery at some point today and he said I could be in it, though I dont know what time it's being scheduled." Izzie looked at the sink then back up at Meredith.

"That's fine, I'll get someone else to replace you" Meredith politely smiled as she tied her mask.

——-

The surgery flew past with no complications which is always great to have. Next on her list of things to do was get the news out to all the department heads so off she hurried to the conference room.

Once arriving she went to the head of the table to face everyone when they came in. She was ten minutes early so decided to just take a seat and wait. There was no need to set anything up which is probably her favourite part as she would always hate setting up or preparing for presentations. So as she sat down she mentally went over everything else she had to do today such as what meeting was first and with who. There was a knock at the door before it opened and she found herself now staring at Derek who had just walked in wearing that cheerful smile of his. It was so dreamy, a dreamy smile. That was then when a cog went in her head. Dreamy, Mcdreamy why on earth had she now just given Derek the nickname of Mcdreamy.

"You left rather early this morning" Derek said sitting in the chair directly next to her.

God was he trying to gather some sort of attention.

"I had an early surgery scheduled and like I said earlier I have a very busy day" She said trying to end the conversation.

"Meredith what happened last night. What got you so upset?" He asked genuinely concerned for her. She looked at him with worried eyes debating to share with him her dream. No it wasn't fair to lumber that on him.