The Simulator

Plato was floored on the ground , dripping with sweat . He was sweating so bad , that it completely glued his eyelids together . He could barely open his eyes . He tried to get up , but to only disappointment . Elena stood still , again noting down something on her pad . Plato raised his hand . Yes , said Elena. What do you require Plato , she asked him . Did I pass ? he asked her . Elena stopped dotting the dat on her notepad . It is really up to the director , Plato . He ultimately decides if you go up in to the skies or you stay on earth like us mortals , replied Elena . Ok, but if you were the evaluating officer , then ? he asked her sincerely . Then I would pass you , your scores are incredible , she said to him . Plato once again tried to get up from the floor , again not able to get up from the floor. Elena smiled seeing the antics of Plato . I did give it my all Doctor , said Plato . Elena , she said , You can call me Elena . You too call me Plato , he aid to her . Elena laughed . That is what I have been calling you all this while , she replied . Elena , said Plato . What is the next test ? he asked her . The next test is crucial , you will be put in a simulator . You need to pass that test at all costs . It is the most important test of all , she warned him . What time is the test ? asked Plato , hinting at his tiredness . Do not worry , you have ample time for that . The test is tomorrow , she said. Thank god , said Plato , this time being able to stand up . Thank you very much , he said to her . For what ? she asked him . For taking my test , replied Plato . That is my job , Plato , you can thank me if you ask me out and I say yes . Will you say yes ? asked Plato . No , she replied teasing Plato . That is quite alright , I do have a test to pass , he said to her confidently . Elena smiled once again , after you are done , if you still want to ask me out , you know where to find me , she said to Plato . Thank you , said Plato . All the best , she replied .

The next day

Plato walked into the chamber where the simulator was placed . And stood near the simulator was Romanov . Plato greeted his superior . Romanov greeted him back . Big day , said Romanov . Yes sir , replied Plato . Are you feeling the pressure kid , asked Romanov , trying to test the nerves of Plato . No Sir , said Plato confidently . Well , you should be , said Romanov . There are only 15 people of Privilege with you , as you take on this journey . Provided you pass the test , Highlighted Romanov . Yes Sir , I will do my best sir , said Plato again trying to his best to stay confident  . Plato , said Romanov as he came closer to him . Do you know why we chose people of your economic background ? asked Romanov . Yes sir , said Plato again regaining his confidence . It is because we can handle the toughest of situations , no matter what . said Plato . No , replied Romanov . It is because your confidence never overshadows your humility . It is always balanced . And trust me kid , up there in the skies , the only skill needed is this . Said Romanov . And you possess it . Posses what sir , asked Plato sincerely . You see kid , most people only pray to god in the end , at the end of their line . Nobody prays to god when everything is going on well . Only when there is no hope left , do they get down on their knees and sincerely pray . And god seldom helps them , but you do not need to get down on your knees and pray to god when there is no hope left . Why is that sir ? asked Plato . It is because you were born on your knees and it was god himself who lifted you up  . Plato looked at Romanov with such as earnest look as though a master was guiding him in life . And kid , said Romanov , god picked you up , so that you never get on your knees again . Now get on the simulator and ace it , said Romanov . Plato hard the brightest look on his face and almost entered the simulator . Sir , he said . Romanov looked back . What is it son ? he asked . Is there any god up there in the skies , really ? he asked him . Romanov laughed and said , of course son , there are many . Romanov turned and walked away . Plato walked into the Simulator . Many gods , he said to himself . I sure do hope to meet one .