A tragic fall

Seronn , saw a lot of bodies lying dead amidst the forest . His own people , lay there without life . Seronn looked around and only a hand tried to wave at him . Seronn , ran to his aide . Vormin , Vromin , what has happened , asked Seronn in complete sadness . Seronn , something dark , something unholy , stuttered Vromin . What has happened , asked Seronn . With daggers , like the devils , they stuck us , stuttered Vromin again . What , i do not , understand , the rebels did this to you , asked Seronn . No , said Vormin . Something else , you need to run . You need to run now , Vormin raised his voice . Seronn tried picking up Vormin and heading back to the ship . But as he tried to pick up Vormin , he took his last breath . Seronn Still carried him on his shoulders . A friend like the one i had just lost , needs a proper burial . Seronn ran back to his ship , with Vormin on his Shoulders , burushing past the same trees and branches he encountered . 

After running for what seemed a lifetime , Seronn , finally reached his spaceship . As he was about to enter the ship , there came in rushing a dark big presence with two swords in its hands . It had no form and no adherent form . Seronn was stopped on his tracks . Seronn , called out the voice. We meet finally , said the dark lord . Why have you killed my people , asked Seronn . I was summoned by your people . Yes , your people . The original Seronn Warriors , said the dark lord . And I did not kill them , it were my warriors . I have come only to take your soul , said the dark lord . You may kill me , said Seronn . But you will not have my soul,  he said to the shapeshifter . The dark lord laughed , I already own your soul , I have just come to take it . Seronn was astounded . Yes , Seronn , the warriors have pledged their soul to me . The rebels ? asked Seronn . Yes , the rebels , and in my eyes you are all the same . You have killed them too ? asked Seronn . No , replied the dark lord . I have not . But I own them , till they die . And now , I give you the chance too . I shall be your overlord , until you die . And after that ? asked Seronn . What happens after I die ? he asked . I could change my mind , it all depends on how well you work for me , the dark lord laughed . Did you give the same chance to Vormin ? asked Seronn . No , replied the dark lord . I did not . Why ? asked Seronn . We are the same in your eyes ? is it not . It was simply not in his destiny to , said the Dark lord . Now you Seronn , the dark lords laughter grew bigger . Now your same black cloak , they were , the rebels , and obey me , until you die , said the dark lord . We knew we were in the wrong , when we lost our way , killed people , hunted them down . I knew that the minds and hearts can be easily corrupted by darkness. And when good is not seen for a while , darkness enters , and it tempts . We were the men of god , and we lost our faith . And now you ask me to surrender to the devil himself . The dark laughed . You do not know anything mortal . You do as I say , he commanded . As the dark lord was swaying the ways of Seronn into his path , the rebels , the dark priests , in the black cloak , approached them . Seronn , said the leader , as he tossed him the black cloak . Now you are here , now you are where you truly belong , he said . Seronn was too shocked to even speak . He knew he was helpless. The oath he had taken decades ago had come back to hurt him . Seronn took the cloak and entered the ship , as the rebels followed him . The dark lord , disappeared into thin air .