A New journey

You are worthy , said Romanov to Plato . Thank you sir , replied Plato . But worthy of what sir , asked Plato . Romanov did not answer to that question . He just laughed . Plato was a little confused , but he chose to remain silent , Romanov lit a cigarette , just as it started to drizzle . Was it not the first time we met , it rained that day too . You me and the other chap . Andrei , sir , replied Romanov . Oh yes , Andrei . Where is he ? He asked Plato . He works with Andrea now , replied Plato . Oh yes , yes , acknowledged Romanov . How is he ? He asked Plato about Andrei . He is fine sir , and actually sir , we do not keep that much in touch , said Plato . Romanov patted the shooter of Plato . The director is known to be very mysterious , said Romanov . Yes sir , I still do not know the operations that happen here , said Plato . Nor do I , laughed Romanov , as he puffed out smoke . Sir , asked Plato . May I know , who is heading the mission to retrieve Sergey . That would be me , replied Romanov . You sir , said Plato in a shocked tone . Yes me , but I would not be travelling with you the lot of you to space . I would be here at Earth directing the mission . Sir , you included me ? Does that mean I travel to space for this mission . Romanov let out another round of smoke . No , I said the lot of you . And I have not decided who goes and who does not . And as far as you kid , the initial impression I get is you are not yet ready , said Romanov . Plato yet again chose to remain silent . 

As Romanov Drifted away , a lurking presence was felt by Plato . A welcoming strangeness was sensed by Plato . Plato , called out Constantine . Plato looked back immediately and greeted his younger friend . You are going to fly , is it so Plato , asked Constantine . Yes , replied Plato . But not immediately  , in due time , Said Plato . Then you wait a little longer for your friend , is it so , asked Constantine . Yes , that would be so , replied Plato . Constantine pointed up , there must be something out there better for all of us , is it so ? Up in the skies , far away , far far away from here , asked Constantine . I do not know kid , I do not know how it is up there . The people who go up there and return , never really talk about it , at least to me . I sure do hope so Plato ,  I really do hope so , that there is more money and joy for everyone out there . That this is the fate of all of us ,here on earth ,  that all we see is grey and gloom . Plato looked at Constantine . You will be alright kid , he said , soon you will the skies and see for yourself what it is up there . You will see for yourself . The adventure awaits you . Romanov who was listening quietly , approached them . Romanov said to the both of them , up there , is a reality that I cannot quite comprehend  . I'm too old for that , he said . I'm used to this , I'm used to this life . I have seen too much of the darkness to really let it go . But for you kids , I wish it could be different . I really do . And he looked at them with intensity , It could be a selfish act , I see this as a sort of redemption . A redemption ? asked Plato . Yes , a redemption . And kid , he said to Plato . Deep in my heart I wish that Sergey does not return back to earth . That he has found a life elsewhere . Somewhere better , somewhere a lot nicer , he said . Does the director know about this ? asked Plato . Romanov completely ignoring the question Plato , and I would wish the same for you . Wish the same for me ? asked Plato . Yes , that you make a home for yourself elsewhere . Elsewhere ? asked Constantine . Yes , said Romanov pointing at the sky the same way that Constantine did .