A Prisoner

Sergey woke up to a big crowd watching over him . Between the large crowd was a man seated on the chair in the middle . He had a fierce look about him and an even fiercer axe in his hands . Sergey , who never was too anxious even in the most troublesome atmosphere , seemed a bit worried . He looked around and found the man who had darted him down , or has arranged for the poisonous affair . Are you finally awake ? asked the man in the middle , who Sergey presumed to be the chief . Sergey reached around for his backpack where his device was kept . He searched frantically in around his space . What is he searching for ? asked the chief to the patrol man who had caught Sergey . I think it is his device chief , said the patrolman in Marakese . What device , asked the chief , realizing that Sergey was not understanding the tongue . A bit of Marakese is spoken by all in the Galaxy . At least it is understood by all , the chief boasted . Sir, he has a device which translates any language to his native tongue , said the patrolman . Where is the device , asked the chief. I have it sir , along with the warfare equipment , said the patrolman . Get the device to him , said the chief. Sergey who had finally come to the realization that his belongings had been taken away from him , started to watch what was going on . He saw the patrolman leave the tent quickly , as though a strict order had been imposed on him . Are they going to kill me , Wondered Sergey . Big balls of sweat started to brew on his forehead . The chief seeing the perilous state that the prisoner was in said to him not to worry . Do not worry ,said the chief to Sergey . We are not going to hurt you , said the chief , as he kept the axe down on the ground . The removal of the weapon from the chief gave him some temporary relief . Without the device , there is no way I can convey anything, thought Sergey . As he began to think of other possibilities , he was in serious thought . Look at him , said the chief to the other strongman . He is like a tree animal , who is caught in a stage . The other strongman jokingly started to mimic a monkey , making some different noises . Sergey looked at them and wondered what was going on . Maybe it is best I copy what they are doing , it could be some sort of ritual , came Sergey to a conclusion . He too started to copy them , and the strongman erupted in laughter. Chief , maybe we can keep him in a cage , for amusement , the strongman joked . Sergey seeing the excessive laughter continued to mimic the tree animal . The more they laughed , the more he felt the need to continue doing the actions . The chief who kept a mean look all this while , he too started to laugh , seeing the antics of the prisoner . Good , thought Sergey , the chief is laughing too . Maybe they will not kill me after all  . 

As the whole room was erupting in continuous laughter , the patrolman entered and gave the chief the bag , which belonged to Sergey . As Sergey saw the bag in the hands of the chief , he stopped doing any of his actions and drew into silence . My bag , my device would be in it . Can you pass me the device , said Sergey to the chief . The Chief did not respond as he was busy going through the items in the bag . As he picked up the translating device in his hands , the patrol man quickly jumped in . This is it chief , he said . This is the machine which the prisoner was wearing on his neck . The chief took out the device and showed it to Sergey . Is this what you want , asked the chief to Sergey . Yes , please give it to me , said Sergey . He did various actions with his hands trying to make the chief understand that the device belonged to him . The chief grinned and put the device on his own neck . Speak now , he said to the prisoner , which was automatically translated to English . The who room gasped , what tongue is this , they all exclaimed . This tongue is not from the galaxy , said the strongman . Hello sir , My name is Sergey , said the Russian . The tongue of Sergey was being translated to Marakese , and now everyone could understand what the prisoner spoke . Where are you from Sergey , asked the Chief . I'm from planet earth , from the Milky way Galaxy , replied Sergey . There was total confusion int he room ,as though they none of them have either heard the word Milky way nor the planet Earth in their lifetimes . What brings you here ? interrogated the chief . Sergey was ow put in a spot , as he did not want to disclose the matter that he had arrived on their planet for a rare resource. Taht could put him in danger, he sensed . What brings you here ? asked the Chief now in a much sterner tone . I came here to see if there was life on this planet , replied Sergey . You come here to search for life on this planet , and you look at the ocean . That is strange , is it not , the chief questioned him . Sergey kept quiet. Any answer he responded with , would only put him in deeper trouble , he realized . Again , i ask you prisoner . What were you looking at the oceans for , said the chief as leaned towards his axe to pick it up . Sir , I come here for the marine life . I come here to explore and learn about the Marine life . I'm a marine life researcher , said Sergey . The chief was a little taken aback . He leaned back on his chair without picking up the axe in his hand . What is so special about our Marine life , why travel so far away to here , asked the chief . The level of oxygen , and hydrogen and various other factors , said Sergey who was trying to sound technical . Do not lie prisoner , said the chief . What brings you here ? the chief asked in his loudest tone yet . Sir , might be he is here for the poison rock , that was found a while earlier , said one of the strongman . The chief stroked his chin to imply that he has arrived on a very strong point . Reply with an yes or no , said the chief now firmly picking up the axe in his hand  . If you lie , your head shall be separated from your body . Are you here for the poison rock ? the chief asked the Russian . And Sergey knew that the nail was now firmly drawn on his coffin .