A companion

As Sergey was walking with the heat not giving up , he was beginning to get weary . The toiling nature of the desert started to show its true face . The big Russian was starting to succumb to the empty Vastness . I will not make it , he thought , I should have stayed back . But Sergey walked on , till he was on slouching so bad that he started to resemble an animal walking on four limbs . As he walked like an animal , he sensed that he was being followed by something . Sergey did not bother looking back , as he no longer cared . He trotted along , and he felt that the thing was getting closer and closer , so much so he could feel the air smell different . Sergey finally looked back .It was a Trusk , a gigantic one . Sergey totted along as fast as he could , but he was no match for the Trusk . It kept pace with him with much ease . And this continued for a long time and eventually Sergey fell to the ground . The truck stood beside him . My life is over , thought the Russian . He closed his eyes , accepting his fate . 

After a long time 

Sergey opened his eyes , and it was almost dark . How long have I been out , he wondered . He looked around and he realized he was in motion , heading somewhere . He slowly looked up and all he could see was a gigantic body in front of him . Am I being carried , he wondered again . He tried getting up from his slumber and sitting up straight . After a tumultuous effort , he managed to sit up straight . He was being ridden in a Tursk . A Trusk , he shouted in shock . The Trusk gave a snorting noise in reply .  And I'm alive . Sergey sat quiet and hardly made any movements or gave away any noise . He slowly took out the device from his pocket and looked at it . 16 hours , it read , away from your destination . Sergey put the device back in his pocket and again rode on silently in the Trusk . 

Earth

Romanov was giving some serious instructions to Plato . The both of them knew that someone was eaves dropping . After a while , Romanov who was seated in his office decided to put Plato and himself out of  their misery . Constantine , he called out . There was no response . Constantine , he called out again , this time in a sterner voice . Constantine slowly made his way inside . You might as well sit down and listen comprehensively , said Romanov . Constantine nervously took his seat behind Plato . Plato , you have found yourself a companion , joked Romanov .  Yes sir , an able companion , joked Plato . To continue about the matter, said Romanov , we have found the location of Sergey . Not very precise , but very close . Constantine seemed to be very happy with the news . The Galaxy sir ? asked Plato . Arechimedia , replied Romanov . A galaxy far away named after the great Archimedes . Greece has indeed gone very far , sir , joked Plato . You will not be going this time , sorry , about that , Said Romaonov . Not a problem , sir . I just am glad that we have finally tracked down Sergey , said Plato . Good to hear , said Romanov . Are you happy too , Constantine , Romanov asked the kid . Yes Sir , very much so , replied Constantine . But sir , I would be happier if me and Plato went ahead for the mission , since it is personal , said Constantine . Romanov smiled , Kid , he said , it is personal for everyone of us . Sergey is not an outside , he is one of us , said Romanov . And I have a sevret mission with him , said Romanov . What is the secret mission sir ? asked Plato . I tell him to look for sustainable planets that we humans might go and occupy . I did it for a number of years , and I could not find any . Now , since I have got older , I have passed on the mantle to Sergey . And he will pass on the mantle one day to you . And if we are lucky , One day when you pass on the objective to Constantine , we will find one suitable planet . That long sir ? asked Plato . I'm going to be a traveler , jumped Constantine with excitement . Totally disrupting the conversation .