Chapter 2

Age 4

Y/N L/N p.o.v

I rush to my bedroom to collect one of my hats as I run back down to the living room. Mom was in a black sheath dress and white heels while Dad was in a black dress shirt and white chiffon pants along with a pair of black leather shoes.

"Sweetie! Please tie the ribbon on your skirt!" Mom tells me as she hooks on her hoop earrings, I nod my head and tie the ribbon on my black puffy skirt. Dad said that we were going to a neighbor's funeral. It was a man in his late teens who had passed from stage 3 lung cancer.

The man's name was Kai Takashi, he had just turned 19 not too long ago. He was my occasional babysitter who was still in university, he usually babysat me on the weekends whenever he had finished studying. He was like a brother to me, the type of brother who would help you with your homework and sneak snacks into your room late at night.

Whenever Kai comes over, we have so much fun! We play around in the park and act like spies, fooling around with his quirk. His quirk is called scanner, his quirk allows him to search for and identify people's quirks, quirk weaknesses, and other information that could aid the user by simply looking at them.

I buckled myself into my car seat as I stared out the window. Trees passed, buildings passed and we finally arrived at the graveyard. Several people were already there saying their prayers for the beloved Kai Takashi.

We stayed there for about 2 hours before going deeper into the graveyard. Dad had left about 5 minutes ago to grab some flowers from the nearby florist. He returned with a bouquet of yellow tulips and red roses.

Mom and Dad placed the flowers near the gravestone as they said their prayers. I looked at the sky and wandered around, far away from my parents. Further in the distance there was a lonely tree, and under it was a lonely bench. I walked towards the bench and took a seat, swaying my feet around and twirling the curls of my hair.

The sky was a sad shade of blue, it grew darker and darker as minutes passed. Lightning struck, aiming for the bench under the lonely tree only to vanish before hitting the 5-year-old. She was lifted by an invisible force, she looked up to see her savior, to thank them.

Y/N L/N p.o.v.

Only to be met with a glitching face and an eerie smile. A floating ghost? Spirit? Soul? I don't know what it was, but I just sat there in the arms of the spirit and thanked them.

"You're welcome, Y/N." Yeah, great manners Y/N- Wait. Y/N!? How did this thing know my name!? I gasped and squirmed out of the stranger's arms and walked a few feet away from the glitching figure.

I looked up at the figure as they sent me a ghost smile, literally. Hold on. Kai? Kai Takashi? I can see him!? But he's dead, isn't he?

"Yup! It's your favorite babysitter! Kai Takashi! Remember!?" I stand there with my mouth wide open and eyes wide open.

"What-How!?" This is impossible, how is this happening? This man is dead. Like dead, dead. His body was also in the coffin, so how? Am I just seeing things? Am I delusional?

"Ya know," I face him as I start walking away from the bench, slowly waddling down the path. "That's a pretty neat quirk ya go there." I freeze. What? Quirk? Did I just- OH MY GOD! I just got my quirk! That's so cool! I squeal in joy and jump up and down on the spot as Kai stares at me weirdly.

"Should I check what your quirk is, Y/N?" I frantically nod my head as he lifts me and places me on the side of his hip. He stares at me before reading out the vision he sees.