Chapter 23

At the hospital

Third person p.o.v.

Rays of sunlight came pouring out the window, L/N sat up straight, her bandaged arms laying limply by her side as the doctor began a conversation with her.

"Miss L/N, Recovery Girl will be here soon. Would there be anything I could help you with before she comes?" The h/c girl turned to face the female doctor, her lips slightly parted as she tilted her head to the side in confusion.

Recovery who now? She shook her head, nodding to the doctor's question. She cleared her throat, bringing the palm of her bandaged right arm to rub against the other.

"A glass of water will do." The doctor nodded and exited the room. L/N decided to lie back down, only to feel a tingling sensation in her head. She kept a straight face in hopes of the sensation to fade away. Her eyebrows were scrunched as she puffed her cheeks.

A few minutes passed and the doctor came in with a glass of water, hanging it to her before asking another question.

"Is there anything else you'd like, L/N?" Said girl shook her head with her cheeks still puffed out. The doctor leaned closer to the girl, placing the back of her hand on the girl's forehead. L/N held the cup of water in her hand tight.

"Anything wrong, dear?" L/N sat there pondering whether she should tell the doctor about the tingling sensation that had recently turned into a headache.

"No, nothing's wrong. Just a small headache," She took a breath in, bringing the cup of water closer to her mouth.

"It'll go away once I drink some water." The doctor nodded, exiting the room as the girl drank the water.

And just like magic, the headache had vanished, leaving the girl shocked.

"Who knew that water could cure a headache?" She chuckled, placing the empty cup on the nightstand, one of the bandages on her right arm hanging loosely. Beginning to stand up and take a few steps away from the hospital bed she felt her knees give up on her and she landed on the floor with a loud thud.

She winced at the impact and held onto the wall for support, pushing against it as plopped herself back onto the bed.

The h/c girl sighed, staring at all the bandages covering her body. She tugged at the loose bandage, effectively removing the entire thing. Gasping at the painful shades of blue, yellow, and purple mixed.

She held her breath, closing her eyes as she slowly brought her left index finger to tap her right arm. Flinching as a teardrop trickled down her cheek. Tossing the bandage aside, Y/N leaned against the headboard of the bed, staring at the ceiling.

Knock

Knock

"Come in!" The h/c girl said, turning to face the door whilst placing her hands on top of each other on her lap.

Two people come in, one shorter than the other. Y/N nodded her head in their direction as they came closer to the girl, eyeing her arm and the bandages that were casually lying on the floor.

Opening her mouth slightly, saying a sentence that left one of the two in shock.

"It's a pleasure to meet you both." Y/N bowed her head slightly as the taller of the two did the same as the shorter shook their head, deciding to ask a question.

"Hi dearie, how are you doing?" The shorter of the pair had asked, giving me a sweet and warm smile.

"I feel quite okay, Miss. Other than a few shots of pain coursing at my movement as well as a minor headache that had vanished not long ago." Y/N answered, sending a barely visible smile.

"We'll just check on your injuries, and who knows? Maybe you can be discharged today!" The taller of the pair spoke. She was a tall woman with a white coat on, she inched closer to me and inspected my arms.

"Recovery Girl here will heal you with her quirk after we finish cleaning up one of the check-up rooms, okay? Then you'll be free from all those bandages!"

Y/N slowly nodded her head, waving as the two females left the room, quietly shutting the door behind them.

"Quirk? So this 'Recovery Girl' has a healing sort of quirk, I presume." She thought aloud.

Picking up her phone from the nightstand, she scrolled through pictures. Many from her childhood years, giggling at one of the pictures where she had been on a lady's shoulders giggling.

Her brain had been twisting and spinning gears, and a lady with h/c hair was in the photo. Y/N scrunched her eyebrows and gripped onto the phone tighter, zooming closer to the woman's face as she repeatedly tapped her index finger on the screen. A lady with h/c hair? Has she known anybody with that hair color? She didn't know anybody with luscious h/c hair and a bright smile-

She froze, staring intently at the image once more. Searching through her memories until she found the right word to say. Her bandaged frame slightly shook as she hoped to confirm the identity of the woman.

"Mom?"