Chapter 9

First day of school

Y/N L/N p.o.v.

I finish my morning prayers and thank the gods, changing into a cute fit and grabbing my school bag. I peek out my door after hearing a loud slam. Bakugo walked out with his uniform, hands tucked in his pocket with a grumpy face on. I chuckle.

Though now that I think about it, it's so cool not to be wearing a uniform for once in my life- not that I'm complaining that is.

The fit was a long-sleeved black hoodie that I had tucked into my black pleated skirt that I quickly adjusted with the help of a cute yet trendy belt that I had bought not long ago. I matched the outfit with black knee-length socks and a pair of black combat boots.

I take my ready-packed bag and walk down the stairs with my phone in hand, heading to the kitchen to grab my water bottle and some apple juice. There I spotted my aunt and uncle, having breakfast together. I greet them as they return the gesture.

I fill up my water bottle and grab a few packets of apple juice and store them away in my bag. I start to make my way out the door only to be stopped by a warm embrace from my aunt.

"You'll do great on your first day, Y/N!" I turn around and hug her back. "Just make sure you beat the boy's ass for me when he's misbehaving, okay?" I nod my head and giggle thanking her as she hands me a slice of toast.

"You can see if you can catch up with Katsuki. He didn't leave long ago." I nod my head and walk out the door.

"Bye Aunt Mitsuki, Uncle Masaru!"

"Bye, sweetheart!"

"Bye, Y/N!" I hold onto the straps of my bag and walk down the sidewalk, walking faster until I spot a familiar tuff of spiky blond. I jog up to the ash blond and tap on his shoulder. Receiving a scoff as he walks away faster.

"See ya later, loser!" He speed walks into the building leaving a trail of dust behind him. I sigh and cough, using my hand to fan away the dust as I slowly walk into the prestigious UA High School, ignoring anyone who keeps on pointing at me for not wearing the uniform.

I pass through the hallways, mentally cheering as I arrive in front of a door with 1A written on the massive door. I sigh and put my hand on the door handle, taking deep breaths before slowly pushing down on it. Remember Y/N, we're not here to make friends.

The moment I opened the door was the moment that I regretted. I check my phone with only two minutes left until homeroom. I sigh and scan the classroom for an empty spot, I find one at the back of the classroom, right next to the window.

I can't believe I hit the jackpot! Perfect seat in the class! I silently squeal and dump my bag on the floor, propping my legs up on the table and ignoring the world around me as I plug my earphones in and listen to music.

"I can't believe we have hot babes in this class."

"Why isn't she in uniform?"

"Ayo, Kaminari. Look back there!"

"Psst, what is she wearing?"

As soon as students started talking about a specific student, not in uniform, a blond sitting in the front row scoffs as he looked at me. The girl is unbothered by a robotic maniac telling him off for having his feet up on the table and not her. He goes on to quarrel with the bluenette as I stare at the ceiling.

Feet enter my line of vision, before hesitantly walking away. I unplug my earphones and look up, at the brunette from the entrance exam. What could she possibly want back here?