Chapter 22

In the Ruins Zone

"L/N! Can you hear me!?" The girl's math teacher shook the girl, being careful of his surroundings and the girl herself.

"L/N!?" He sighed, moving the girl into a sitting position, having her head rest on his shoulder as he sat in a crouched position, trying to examine the yellow liquid that had glowed on her skin as well as the ones coated on the glass, placed under the emotion of distress. Too distressed to realize the small piece of paper.

"Tell Present Mic and Midnight that L/N's with me and she needs medical attention immediately! Tell them that we also need Tsukuachi here!" The clone nodded and dashed out of the abandoned building, leaving the young teenager and user of the clone quirk.

Minutes passed as Ectoplasm crouched down next to the h/c girl, the sound of rushing footsteps becoming louder and louder until globs of dark blue and yellow came rushing in through the room without a door.

"Is that L/N!?" Midnight gasped, bringing her hands to mask her shocked expression of the girl.

"Yes. Did you get the medics?" Ectoplasm asked in a rush.

"They said that they'd be on their way!" Present Mic exclaimed from behind the R-ranked hero.

Ectoplasm sighed, on their way might be too long. He decided to go with the idea that the h/c girl was unconscious, slowly lifting her bridal style. The other UA staff watched as small shards of glass. Present Mic stopping Ectoplasm from walking out of the abandoned building before pointing at the girl.

"What is that?" He asked, inching closer to the h/c girl, pointing at her forehead. Peering over, noticing that the note had not been written in Japanese but in English, odd. However, that's probably the reason why Ectoplasm hadn't noticed.

Ectoplasm shook his head. "I don't know, I guess I only realize it now." He said, continuing to carry the girl out of the building. With Present Mic and Midnight not far behind, chasing after the man who decided to pick up the pace.

"Do you think the medics have already arrived?" Ectoplasm asked, taking turns through the streets.

"Probably, they might be at the entrance or central plaza!" Midnight huffed, continuing to catch up with her colleague.

"Wait for me!" Present Mic yelled from behind, rushing to try to keep up with the other two heroes. Ectoplasm nodded, running in the direction of the central plaza where he had been greeted by shocked UA staff members. Handing the h/c girl over to the medic, Present Mic yelled.

"Wait! Let me have the note! It's in English! I can translate it!" Ectoplasm nodded, Midnight taking the initiative to slowly peel the note off the girl's forehead. The girl stirred as she groaned.

"Quick!" The medic yelled, rushing to put the girl in the back of the ambulance before taking off to the nearest hospital. Present Mic clutched onto the note, crushing it between his fingers as he thought about his poor student.

"If you can follow me, Present Mic." Detective Tsukuachi spoke, the blonde hero nodding, following him into a car that led to the station.

"Please tell us what the note says. Maybe we can find out what happened to the girl." Present Mic nodded his head, following the Detective into the station and an office, taking a seat.

"Please, translate." Present Mic nodded, pulling the crumpled note out of his hand.

"We healed her as much as we possibly could." Present Mic started, bringing the note closer to his face, squinting at the handwriting.

"She is in perfect condition to head back home. Just make sure she drinks a lot of apple juice and that she rests a lot. We healed the wound on her forehead completely, and cleaned up the blood as well. Please make sure she gets home safely." He finished, sighing. Staring back at the detective who had a small notebook filled with every exact word he had said.

"Did the person who wrote it leave their signature?" Detective Tsukuachi asked, quickly checking, Present Mic shook his head.

"Nope." The detective sighed, thanking the voice hero before asking to keep the note with him.

Timeskip

The h/c girl lay bandaged in a hospital bed, not moving an inch after she had woken up, only to be knocked out by Midnight as she started panicking when the doctors were pulling out the remaining shards of glass from her body.

"When do you think Y/N can come home?" At the sound of her name, she flinched, slowly opening her eyes as they adjusted to the bright ceiling light.

"I'd say she'd be good to go after one more visit from Recovery Girl." A male voice answered back.

"I see."

The h/c girl stared at the ceiling, lifting her hands into the air, noticing that everything had been covered in clean white bandages. She sighed, bringing them back to the side of her torso.

"From what I know, Recovery Girl had told me that she was coming tomorrow to visit a UA student!" A cheery voice added.

"Is this the young girl who had been rushed in earlier today?" The same voice questioned receiving a sigh in response.

"Yes, it is." Y/N groaned from her uncomfortable position, feeling the sensation of her throat burning, she shot up into a sitting position.

Crack

Tears streamed down her eyes as she brought her bandaged forearm to muffle her scream. She hiccuped, remembering the fact that every hospital room had an emergency button. She shifted towards the left of the hospital bed, wincing at every small movement.

One cough came after another, followed by the spill of blood. The world started spinning, objects were floating in Y/N's vision. Everything but the red button on a rectangular platform. She inches closer and closer, accidentally knocking it off of the bedside table.

In hopes of trying to catch it in time, she pushes herself forward, falling off the bed during the process.

Crack

Beep

The button on the rectangular platform had fallen flat, button first. Alerting the doctors of an emergency in the room of the UA student.

The double doors slammed open as doctors and nurses rushed to help the bleeding girl back onto the bed, examining her as an ash blonde female stood in the corner of the room holding back her tears. Having one of the many nurses helping her to sit on a chair, staying behind with her,

"Quick! She's not responding! Get her to the scanner!" The nurses clicked knobs on the wheels of the bed and rushed the girl to the x-ray room.

"Miss Bakugo, I'll update you on the recovery of your daughter. But for now, please head back home. You've been here all day." Said lady staring out one of the windows in the room. Watching the dark blue sky spawn flecks of gold sparkling dust.

The Bakugo family member nodded, picked up her handbag, and walked out of the room, shutting the door behind her quietly as she made her way to the parking lot. Hitting the gas pedal and driving to her surprisingly quiet house.

She sighed as she pushed the front door open, closing it and locking it up for the night. Placing her house shoes on, she makes her way to the kitchen, grabbing herself a glass of water, staring out the window deep in thought, not noticing the stare of another family member on her.

"Is she going to be okay?" Miss Bakugo turned around, staring at the one who had stared back at her.

"I hope so. But judging from the condition she's in," Mitsuki Bakugo sighed, slowly walking up the stairs.

"I'm not so sure if she will be okay."