Chapter 4

Age 12

Third person p.o.v

"Well, it is finally time to decide which career paths you all will take," The teacher slowly says with a sigh, bringing a hand to their neck.

"No need for that because all of you want to be heroes!" He yells, swiping the stack of papers on the left of his desk and throwing them in the air. The class cheers with excitement but stops their cheer when they hear an uninvited scoff.

The ash-blond student, the boy that I have to live with, rests his legs on the table as he leans back in his chair using his arms to fold behind his head.

"I'm the only one in this class who has a shot! A shot for making it big time." He pauses, allowing a smirk to crawl up his face.

"The rest of you will just end up as sidekicks and stay on the side doing absolutely nothing!" The class just stares at him. "That's why I'm the only student in this class who will be able to make it to UA!"

"Ah, yes! That's right! I was informed that you would be applying to UA!" The students around him murmur while some speak their minds of jealousy. "Hopefully you'll make it into UA, Bakugo! There might be a high chance that you'll be our first-ever student to make it to UA from this school!" He just smirks in his seat, glaring at anyone looking his way.

The teacher then collects the papers on his right and looks up in shock. "Oh. It seems like Midoriya is also applying for UA..." The class froze as they turned their heads to watch the greenette sulk in his chair.

"Boo!"

"He'll never make it!"

"He's just a quirkless loser!"

The endless amount of chattering dies down with an exchange of laughter. Bakugo groans as he says his mind. "Hey, teach! I'm not gonna be stuck here with these rejects! Don't even think about lumping us all in the same group!" Y/N shakes her head from her seat behind Bakugo.

"I'll finally be able to leave this school, instead of being stuck with useless D Listers." Of course, he just had to add that before the class went back to bullying Midoriya.

"Hold on class!" The students pause and look at their teacher. "L/N is also applying to UA as well!" Now everyone in the class looks behind Midoriya as the teen shyly waves.

"Well, she probably could get in." One says, pumping their arms up in the air.

"Her grades are fantastic! She'll definitely make it!"

"Maybe if she doesn't become a hero, she can become a model-"

"But don't forget her slight attitude!"

"I don't think they would want to put such a quirk like hers to waste." A scoff follows after the comment as the ash blond boy glares daggers at the girl he has to live with, mumbling incoherent words as he looks away. She raises her head slightly higher and mutters a small thank you before going back to staring at her best friend, the table.

The slight attitude is true. Though you can't blame her, growing up with hot-headed people caused this, not her. The h/c girl groans as she taps on her table with her fingers silently.

The table that she constantly draws on, sometimes forgetting to erase her permanent doodles. Oh well. If the girl's bored, the girl's bored. Nothing you can do about it if you're in a class for students older than you are, can't blame the smart one for not being dumb-

Oh, wait. Right! As said, being a 12-year-old in Junior High, is weird right? Shouldn't one be, you know-older? Well, not for Miss Y/N L/N! because she is a genius! A young genius who managed to get a spot in the third year at Aldera Junior High. Anyways-

"Well class, school is over. You all may head home!" The teacher says in a rush as he storms out the door with his open briefcase. Student by student walks out the door, leaving only 5 students in the room. One girl and 4 boys.

Y/N starts packing her bag, as she patiently waits at the door for the blonde student and his friends. "Deku. You don't want to drag everyone else in your life down, right?" The greenette shakes his head as he faces the floor. He takes a book from Midoriya's table and chuckles at the title before burning it and tossing it out the window.

"You don't even have a quirk." He pauses, removing his smoking hand from the boy's shoulder as he starts walking to the door. "You might as well die by jumping off the roof, let's hope you get a quirk in your next life!" He chuckles, shutting the door as I stand outside the door with his friends with my head down.

Why did he have to say that? That was uncalled for, but what should I expect from Katsuki Bakugo? She sighs as she tails behind Katsuki and his friends all the way to an alleyway. The fastest shortcut to get home.

"Aren't you and Midoriya childhood friends?" One of the two boys asks as Katsuki scoffs. "It's not like it matters to me."

"Don't you think you went a little overboard today?" The other boy asks as he struts through the alleyway. "As I said. It doesn't matter to me." We continue walking, getting closer to the light at the end of the alley, the boys kicking cans and bottles as Y/N quietly walks beside them. More specifically to the ash blond's right.

"Why don't we go to the-" Y/N covers her ears as she hums a soft tune to herself, a tune that her parents used to sing for her when she was a little girl. She hummed and closed her eyes, opening them to see a green sludge suffocating her best friend.

"Katsuki!" She yells as she stands in her spot, watching the sludge engulf him as it moves deeper into the city. "Katsuki!" She yells again as she chases after the sludge only to be stopped by heroes.

"Don't go in there, girl! It's too dangerous!" She glared at the hero with a straight face. "Then why aren't you doing anything!?" The hero ignores her as she tries pushing through the crowd.

Smoke filled the air as explosions were created with Bakugo's quirk. "It's my lucky day today, isn't it!? Good day so far and an amazing quirk!" The sludge monster chuckles as Death Arms tries to claw through it. "What are you!?" Death Arms yells as he gets pushed away as the sludge monster creates more explosions, almost burning all the shops nearby.

"Where is All Might?" Y/N looks to her left to see an elder citizen whispering to the person beside them. Will Katsuki die? Oh no! How am I going to tell Aunt Mitsuki and Uncle Masaru!? He's going to be late, isn't he? Well, what do I expect? Though this is bad-

"Take this!" A yellow backpack is sent flying and hits the sludge monster's eye. Y/N's eyes widened in shock. "Midoriya?" She takes a deep breath and rubs her eyes, coughing from the amount of smoke filling her lungs. Only to look up to see All Might, she frowns as she watches him save the day. Saving the day with a powerful punch to the sludge monster's gut, releasing Bakugo and making the sky cry.

She scoffs as she grabs her phone out of her bag to text Katsuki to let her know she's heading home instead of waiting for his slow ass, carrying her phone and walking to the Bakugo house. Stopping in front of the door to scoff once more, groaning and then putting on a sly smirk. She turns around to face the pink sky enlarging her grin to only shake her head and once more face the front door.

"So much for being the number 1 hero when you're late, how pathetic. All Might."

She opens the front door, takes her shoes off, and places them in the shoe rack as she greets her aunt and uncle before going up to her room and closing the door, locking it behind her.

"Late, you're always late."

"It won't ever change, huh?"