002 ━━ in time

━━━✦━━━

IONA CAN hear the loud screams of a man as they approach what appears to be a ship of sorts. It's a large metal contraption and she narrows her eyes skeptically as she walks forward.

Her hand is already resting by her side, in position to grab the katana hanging off her waist. On her back is a bow, one she is also ready to grab and fire relentlessly at the people potentially plotting something inside.

The woman, Clarke, leads the group, as Iona and Lexa glance over at the burned bodies littered across the ground.

"Rest well," Iona murmurs quietly.

Clarke looks back but she doesn't say anything, her eyes looking towards the ground.

"This way," Clarke replies, nodding her head to what appeared to be a blanket hanging down in the doorway.

Iona walks first, fearlessly ready to throw herself into the danger in order to protect Lexa- but it's not as if she would get hurt. The woman has been training to kill, to capture, to bleed since the age of four.

It's hard to forget training like that.

Iona, Lexa, Indra, and Clarke climb up the ladder, entering through a hatch in the ceiling.

There are already people in the room, making Iona narrow her eyes. Then, she spots him: Finn. Immediately, she goes to unsheathe her katana, but is stopped by Indra's warning hand.

Instead, she examines the scene.

Several people gathered around a Grounder man lying on the floor, one she easily recognizes as Lincoln, as one of the women cries.

Then, she spots a man grabbing for a weapon, and before anyone can protest, her katana is drawn and is pressed threateningly against his hand.

"I'll cut your hand off before you can even attempt to grab that gun," Iona says swiftly, eyes narrowing as she stares at the black-haired man.

"Kill them all!" Indra commands, as her and her men begin grabbing their weapons.

Lexa holds out a warning hand, one that means wait, and Iona can feel her hand twitch around the leather-covered hilt of her steely blade. She sucks in a breath of air, momentarily upset by Lexa's decision to show mercy, but obeys.

"Please," Clarke pleads, "you don't have to do this."

"You lied," Lexa says accusingly, her tone sharp. "And you're out of time."

The eldest woman suddenly rushes towards the Grounder's body, pressing a metal stick to his chest. Instantly, it vibrates with electric energy and sends a few pulses into his body- and soon, he's awake.

Iona stills for a moment, her gaze warily shooting over towards Lexa.

"Lincoln..." The crying girl murmurs, resting her hands against his chest and leaning over him.

"Octavia..."

Lexa suddenly sheathes her weapon, making Iona groan inwardly.

Iona looks down at the man who had previously reached for the gun, her eyes narrowing for a moment. He was staring up at her angrily, a fire raging in his eyes, and she smirked.

Then, reluctantly, she pulls her blade back from his pretty tan skin, backing away and back to Lexa's side.

"We have seen all we needed to see," Lexa declares.

Iona scoffs, turning towards Lexa and dropping her voice a notch, "Yes, everything besides his head on my blade."

"Not now," Lexa sternly says, one hand coming to tightly grip Iona's shoulder; a warning.

Iona's nostrils flare and she roughly pulls herself away from her commander's grip, sending her a disapproving look.

Lexa shakes her head, beginning to descend the ladder.

As they walk back to their camp, Lexa leans towards Iona and murmurs, "In time, dear Ona. In time."

━━━✦━━━