084 ━━ may we meet again

i tried to make this emotional so hopefully u cry sorry not sorry <3

see u guys next year heh

━━━✦━━━

"I HAVE a message for the traitors in this camp- there will be an execution today. I would turn yourselves in or the other grounder prisoners will die in your place," The walkie-talkie rang out, and instantly, Lincoln walked forward.

"No-" Iona stepped in front of him, shaking her head, "-you are not giving yourself up. Octavia needs you; your people need you."

Lincoln gave her a small smile, "And no one needs you? Look around, Ona. Octavia needs you, too. Bellamy needs you- even if he's an asshole, he still needs you. Lexa needs you. Indra needs you. You are needed."

Iona narrowed her eyes, "Nice try, dick. Not happening."

She tried to walk off in his place, but he grabbed her forearm firmly, tossing her back into Kane and shaking his head, "You're right. My people need me. They need me to do this."

Iona huffed, but a part of her knew she'd never win. If they were to brawl, right here, right now, he'd win. He wanted to do this. Lincoln was far too selfless for his own good, and she knew he'd always pick sacrificing himself rather than anyone else.

So, Iona blinked slowly, before hesitantly nodded, and embracing the man in a warm hug.

They'd just started becoming friends again, too, and Iona's heart clenched at the thought of losing him so soon. Then, she saw Octavia, who was falling apart already, and she closed her eyes, shaking her head.

Octavia.

Sending Lincoln one last look, she allowed the two of them to have their final moments as she shoved herself through the opening in the wall, lifelessly walking to the door leading outside the camp.

Kane soon met up with her, Octavia lying limp in his arms, and the two shared a solemn look. He hoisted her upon a horse, leading the creature through the forest with the rest of the escaped prisoners.

Octavia soon woke, though, stumbling off of the horse and over to a break in the tall grass that gave her the perfect view of the execution.

It was cruel, to allow her witness something so evil with such innocent, loving eyes; but there was nothing they could do anymore. Lincoln made his choice. He wished for one death instead of twenty, even if that death was his own.

Slowly, the man was brought out by the guards, new shackles placed upon his hands, even though they all knew he would make no attempt to get free.

Pike approached him, speaking something to him that none of them could hear, and Lincoln responding with a solemn, barely noticeable nod. Then, it started, and Iona's heart began to speed up.

Pike took his paces back before standing to the side of Lincoln, limiting the distance between him and Lincoln, and holding out his gun.

Lincoln then dropped to his knees, eyes to the sky, as if he didn't know his death was coming. It was a sad scene to watch, and Iona's eyes watered as she, alongside Octavia and Kane, watched the scene unfold.

Lincoln's eyes were far away, an unrecognizable look on his face as he stared- simply stared into the clouds, watching the fading blues mingle with the light greys and bright whites.

Iona could see it all in his eyes: the kindness, the selflessness, the wish that he could do more as if he hadn't already done enough- given enough for his people. Most of all, though, she could see the love in his eyes as he stared blankly ahead.

As if Octavia was the entire sky and he was witnessing her for both the first and the last time in his life- which, as Iona glanced over at Octavia, might've been true.

The woman was falling apart, hunched over sadly with tears in her eyes, and even more adorning her face. She was breaking, just as Iona had, and something within the woman made her reach out, shielding her from all the hurt in the world as she embraced her in a cold hug.

Octavia sobbed in her shoulder, and together, they both flinched, eyes closed sadly as a shot rang out.

Then, they turned, holding onto each other for dear life as if the other was their lifeline as they traversed through the muddy soil, never once looking back at the dead man that now lay on the ground, as they both swore one thing in their minds:

They'd kill Charles Pike, no matter what.

━━━✦━━━