042 ━━ rocky road to come

ok i ask for comments towards the end of this bc i love the end scene pls my heart AND I WROTE IT ajhsdgasyhjd :')

━━━✦━━━

"WHAT THE hell were you thinking?" Bellamy hisses. He tugs Iona into a cluster of trees nearby, leaving the group behind as he proceeds to scold the woman. "You didn't think maybe it'd be a good idea to tell us you were heading out?"

"You wouldn't have let me," Iona rolls her eyes, crossing her arms over her chest.

"You know, Raven thought you ran off," Bellamy says quietly. For the moment, he appeared to have calmed down significantly, the anger bubbling over until it faded into the air. "O was worried, too."

Iona felt her heart swell at the news but tried not to show it on her face.

Truth be told, Iona had found it easier to fall into step with Raven and Octavia. Of course, the women were very different from her and had their own paces, but Iona fit in rather well with them.

Slowly but surely, they were bonding. They were nowhere near how Iona saw Bellamy, but they were getting there, and clearly, the feelings were reciprocated.

"That's... nice."

It's silent for a moment, and Iona think they're about to head back towards the group- then, she catches a scent on the wind, her nose scrunching up in distaste.

"What's that smell?" Iona grumbled. She grabbed Bellamy's jacket in a balled fist, tugging him closer to her as she smelled the fabric. He rolled his eyes, but sighed, as recognition flashed in her eyes.

"Gina? Again?"

Gina was some one-night stand of Bellamy's a few weeks back. Iona agreed she was pretty, but she hadn't put much thought into the two of them making things official- but Bellamy insisted she was the right girl for him.

Iona couldn't deny that Gina was a kindhearted woman, but in truth, she didn't appear to be Bellamy's style.

Plus, Iona hasn't been too fond of the woman since she found out about Gina's reoccurring nightmares of Iona, where the woman was brutally murdering her. It wasn't particularly far off- and at this point, it might happen soon if she doesn't leave Bellamy be- but they were purely fueled by her trips to Mt. Whether where she cleaned up the remaining corpses left behind.

"I know you don't like her," Bellamy sighs, tossing an arm over Iona's shoulders. She grumbles at the action, huffing through her nose, but makes no attempt to push him away. He tugs her into his side, extending a hand out and gesturing to himself, "But I like her. Deal with it, Ona."

Iona clicked her tongue against the roof of her mouth in disdain, muttering, "Fuck you."

"Stop cursing in languages I can't understand-"

"Fuck you."

Iona turns in his grip, maintaining a firm eye contact with him for a few seconds. His was teasing. playful, while hers was full of annoyance, and he sighed.

This was one thing he knew they'd never see eye-to-eye on. If there was anything he'd learned about Iona, it was that her opinions were hard- near impossible- to change. If she didn't like Gina now, she might never like her, and that only proposed more issues.

As Bellamy's- kind of?- best friend, Iona spent plenty of time around the man. Sometimes she'd initiate their hangouts, or sometimes he'd randomly appear in her room, flopping down on her bed and staring at her ceiling.

When it came to Gina, she was always closed off, and after his one-night stand (if we can call it that, considering he chose to pursue her further) she had treated him differently for a little while.

Eventually, it went away, and she returned to her normal self, but during that time, she was easily agitated and would do nothing but glare at Gina when she saw the woman.

It had been a rocky road so far, and now that Iona knew they were back together, Bellamy assumed the road would only prove rockier.

"Hate you," Iona murmured quietly, resting her head against Bellamy's chest.

She leaned over slightly, arms hugging his waist as she sighed slowly, allowing her weight to fall upon him for that slight second.

At first, Bellamy was shocked- Iona rarely initiated affectionate gestures, considering she hated touching other people- but that quickly faded into happiness. The emotion gripped his heart, blossoming outward until he was smiling so big he could blind whoever saw him.

He reciprocated her embrace, wrapping his arms around her shoulders and holding her in a loose grip. Bellamy let his chin fall on her head, whispering back:

"Hate you too."

━━━✦━━━