096 ━━ strange connection

its time guys- the posting spree until the end of this book is about to happen <3

━━━✦━━━

IONA HELD her head in her hands. She was stuck in the house that, at first seemed so beautiful and modern, but now she just utterly hated. The air was suffocating, the people were suffocating, and her mind was going into overdrive.

Everyone around her seemed fine and that bothered Iona so much.

How could they be okay with living in a simulation? She understood it at first, but it seemed so bad now. Everyone in that room with her was fake, merely a figment of her own uncontrollable imagination.

Sure, she might've wanted to see her sister again, but she didn't wish to be surrounded her every day of her life- it wasn't right.

Eyvana is dead.

Iona groaned as that same pain returned to her stomach, forcing her to collapse to the floor within seconds. Bellamy and Reina seemed unaffected, merely staring at her with empty smiles- Alie's doing, she was sure.

"Remember," Reina said, her voice sickly sweet, "You can't keep fighting it, mommy. Aunt Alie doesn't want you to fight it."

"She is not your aunt," Iona growled out, only to be stopped by the sudden closing of her throat. She grabbed at it, pleading for air as she was overtaken by a drowning sensation- a lack of airflow that had her face going purple.

Reina gave her a pitiful smile, bending down to meet her mother's eyes, "Don't you want us to be a family, mommy?"

Iona tried to groan. She tried to make any noise, but she couldn't. Alie wasn't letting her. All she could do was stare at the little girl, pain blossoming in every inch of her body- so powerful it had regret pooling in her stomach.

Finally, Iona nodded, and relief filled her as soon as she was able to breathe again. She panted heavily, eyes teary as she looked between Bellamy and Reina.

They'd moved back to what they were doing prior, laughing and speaking as if nothing was wrong- as if Iona hadn't just been choking, dying, on their kitchen floor. No, they merely smiled, happiness tugging at their insides.

Fake, she remembered, before forcing herself into an upright position and attempting to return to the conversation- just as they had.

━━━✦━━━

"Bellamy, stop him!" Clarke cried out, referring to Jaha as he relentlessly hit at Ontari's figure. She was down on the ground, passed out- with severe brain damage- her body limp as he continued his assault.

Instantly, a shot filled the air, piercing Jaha's shoulders. He groaned, falling to the ground and grabbing at the wound.

Before Bellamy could approach Clarke, who was tied up in the center of the room, a figure behind him cried out. He turned, only to be roughly tackled to the ground as Iona's body was forcefully placed upon his.

She had a crazed look in her eye, a small dagger in her hand that she held to his throat. She smiled down at him, tilting her head- amused- and simply admiring- relishing in- the scared look on his face.

"Oh, this'll be fun."

━━━✦━━━

Iona tapped her foot against the ground- once, twice, three times. She was becoming impatient, her hands twitchy, her body shaky, and her head full of scenarios where she got out of the damned place and escaped back into reality.

Funny, really, how she craved to return to the thing she was, up until a few days ago, so desperate to leave.

Alie seemed determined to not allow Iona out- no matter what she did- but that didn't stop her. No, that merely gave Iona a small sense of power. If Alie was so afraid of giving her any sense of control, that meant she knew the woman could defeat her.

She didn't know how she was supposed to defeat her, or at all by which means she could use to defeat her, but she was excited.

Her heart was racing, too.

Still, Iona couldn't shake the feeling that something was wrong. Well, something else was wrong aside from her being trapped inside her own mind.

No, she knew this had something to do with her body. Despite being detached from her own senses, she could still feel the tingling sensation in her hands- she was wielding a weapon; a dagger, to be specific, as the spark that came with her katana was nowhere to be felt.

Why was she holding a weapon?

What was going on in the outside world?

Iona felt fear creep up on her as goosebumps appeared on her neck. She rubbed the area, suddenly feeling rather cold despite the warm room, and her eyes stared distantly into one of the windows outside.

Her world was changing- and it wasn't to anything related to rainbows and sunshine. No, her world was full of dead bodies, and Iona's face filled with terror once again when she saw corpse in particular.

Bellamy was dying.

━━━✦━━━