083 ━━ escape route

━━━✦━━━

IT WAS time, Iona assumed, as countless guards began rushing into the cell. Pike led them, pointing guns directly at the group, as he pointed towards the wall opposite the door and demanded, "Against the wall, now!"

Iona wasn't afraid.

Her fear of death had long disappeared, and with all of her crying the hours previous, she just felt empty and numb as she wordlessly went along with their orders.

Guards approached, tying their wrists together and tightening the bindings scarily tight. It dug into her skin, and when she glanced around, seeing everyone's matching groans, she realized they were doing it purposefully.

When Iona looked around at the guards, she realized Bellamy wasn't amongst them, and she scoffed internally. She wasn't sure what she expected, but she was officially too gone to care.

Led into the halls by the guards, she walked alongside Kane and Sinclair, as Lincoln was at the front of the group behind Pike. They passed Harper as they traversed the hall leading outside, and Iona maintained a confused stare with her.

Harper, too?

Instantly, Iona was forced to her knees with the others, grunting. A gun was shoved in her direction, and she stared boredly at Pike, who was the wielder.

"Can you confirm the location?" He spoke into his walkie-talkie, and Iona couldn't make out the voice on the end, nor what they were saying.

"Sir, we should assume her friends have already told her where we're taking them. We shouldn't continue until we confirm the route's secure," One of the guards said, and Iona blew out a long cheekful of air.

Pike glanced at the man, furrowing his brows, before looking around in exasperation. He finally looked at the door beside him and nodded, "Put them in there. Let's go; move!"

Iona was forced to her feet again and tugged into the room with the others. The door shut behind her, locked closed- she assumed- and she leaned against the wall. Sharing a look with her fellow to-be executed, she sighed.

This was taking way longer than it needed to.

━━━✦━━━

SOON ENOUGH, Iona realized what was actually happening, as a tile in the floor was removed, revealing a secret compartment beneath the room where Octavia proudly sat, housing the prisoners for the brief moments they needed to get out risk free.

Oh, to deny Iona of the death she craved- it was actually kind of frustrating for her to escape their clutches yet again.

Maybe Lincoln was right. Maybe Iona's time was yet to come, and that might've been proven by the various chances she'd been given to escape death's icy clutches and back into the even colder winds of life.

Once it was time to actually escape, Octavia lifted the tile, grabbing the weapons she'd acquired and throwing them onto floor.

As everyone climbed out, Lincoln and Octavia both had to help lift Iona out, considering her strength was yet to return to her, and her life suddenly appeared to return to her once her eyes caught sight of something on the floor.

Within seconds, she was scrambling to grab the katana, pressing a kiss to the metal as grateful tears filled her eyes.

It might seem stupid, but after everything she's gone through, getting her katana back was the sweetest gift she could've been given. It gave her a bit of hope that not everything was gone; perhaps there still was some hope.

"Thank Miller," Octavia murmured, as said man came tumbling through the hall to check on his boyfriend. She sent her a small smile, and if Iona hadn't been so caught up with her sword, she would've hugged the woman upon reunion.

Instead, she threw herself into Miller's arms, hugging him tightly and whispering, "Thank you..."

He sent her an awkward smile, patting her back slowly as he tried to fathom why the woman was hugging him, before she pulled away and cut her bindings with the tip of her steel- Octavia releasing the others behind her.

Abby came into the room, checking on everyone before she tapped Iona's shoulder, pointing at the bed and telling her to sit wordlessly.

She sighed, doing as she was told and lifting her shirt, revealing the bullet wound to the medical examiner. Abby had gotten the chance to slightly stitch her up before she was forced into the cell, but her bandages still needed to be changed.

As Octavia distributed the guns, Abby swiftly changed Iona's bandage and glanced over at Lincoln, "Painkillers?"

He tossed her the bottle, to which she furrowed her brows once she saw how many were left. Iona gave her a tired smile. "Learn your limits," Abby said, shoving the medicine into her pocket, "maybe then you wouldn't need these."

"I know my limits perfectly well, doctor," Iona smirked. "I just like pushing them."

As a conversation over the escape route commenced over the walkie-talkie, Iona twirled her katana in her hands, tossing it between her grips as she felt a bit of strength return to her. She glanced up, giving Lincoln a small smile.

"How many guards?" Octavia suddenly questioned, and Iona felt herself jump to life, eager to taste blood; perhaps she was ready to keep fighting for her life.

However, Monty helped clear the exit, and they all swiftly left the room, trying their best to escape within the short amount of time they were given.

━━━✦━━━

i skipped a lot of dialogue here, ik, but i didnt wanna write the whole thing out so i did just what i felt mattered most- no one likes following the script anyways smh