040 ━━ sparring match

welcome to season 3 <3

━━━✦━━━

IONA NEVER knew she'd gain so much enjoyment from watching Bellamy get his ass beat by Lincoln. Yet, here she is, smiling like a maniac and occasionally laughing at his expense.

It wasn't that she enjoyed watching Bellamy get hurt. It was more the fact that he seemed so determined- so confident- to beat Lincoln. Lincoln, who didn't even seem like he was at full strength, combatted every swing easily, even making small little comments while doing so.

Eventually, Iona will begin to feel bad for Bellamy, but for now, it's a refreshing sight to see the man get his ass handed to him on a silver platter.

"You got this, Bell!" Iona called, snickering to herself quietly. When Lincoln kicked Bellamy down- the final blow- the fight appeared to have ended; Bellamy tapped on the floor, groaning, and Iona hissed through her teeth, "Or not."

Iona was soon proven wrong, however (about the fight being over) when Bellamy scurried to his feet, lunging towards Lincoln with a balled fist.

The experienced man dodged it, only to be met with an elbow to the nose. Lincoln stumbled back, momentarily stunned, and Bellamy took his opportunity to jump up off the ground, using his momentum to send a harsh punch directly to Lincoln's face.

At this point, the fight seemed to be genuinely in Bellamy's favor, and after several minutes of rooting for Lincoln, Iona found herself internally chanting for Bellamy to win.

Bellamy got cocky, however, approaching Lincoln without a care in the world. When he threw another punch, Lincoln caught his arm, flipping him onto his back. He held his arm out, holding a fist to his face menacingly.

Lincoln tossed his arm aside, raising to his feet, and at this point, the fight was officially won.

Iona hummed to herself, toying with one of her knives and staring at Bellamy's body sprawled across the floor. He was panting, chest rising in a chaotic and unstable rhythm, and Iona watched the motion with bored eyes.

She rose to her feet from her position in the windowsill against the left corner of the room, wandering over to Bellamy and staring down at him with a raised brow.

He huffed, meeting her gaze, and she broke out in a smile.

Extending her hand, she helped him rise to his feet.

"You got your ass kicked, Blake."

Bellamy rolled his eyes, shaking his head. He glanced over at Lincoln who was approaching the class he had been demonstrating for. "It was a close fight."

Iona sighed, "There are no close fights. You either win or you die. That's how the real world works."

"Good thing this is not the real world, I guess."

Iona and Bellamy shared a gaze for a second, Bellamy's teasing, Iona's serious; they were so incredibly polar opposite you could get whiplash looking between the two.

Iona bit the inside of her mouth, showing him a forced smile, nodding tensely:

"Guess so."

Iona didn't say much else, giving him one last heated look before turning and leaving. She didn't bother to listen to what Bellamy or Lincoln might've been saying to her as she disappeared, she just walked.

She walked and walked until she appeared at the stable. Her heart fluttered at the sight of Athena and she jogged over, taking the reins in her hands and patting the horse soothingly.

"Stupid men," She muttered to Athena, who merely neighed in response as her life-long owner hopped onto the saddle across her back.

Iona wasn't entirely sure why she was upset.

The old her (from a few months ago) would've said just as she had when Lincoln asked her a favor: let the boy get himself killed.

But now, her opinion had changed.

Bellamy had snuck his way into her heart and somewhere in that pitch black organ of hers did she deeply care for him. Maybe he couldn't see it- hell, sometimes she struggled to see it- but she knew his death would set her in a downward spiral.

He'd been her best friend, her anchor, since Mt. Weather, and the fact that he could joke about his safety in such a way had her heart clenching angrily.

Curse Bellamy Blake for whatever spell he'd cast upon the Akru woman and curse Iona for letting herself fall right into his trap.

━━━✦━━━