065 ━━ ruin

━━━✦━━━

WHEN BELLAMY saw her, it was like the world had faded away. The person in his arms was no longer there, and the room was empty aside from the two of them.

There she stood, a surprised look on her pretty face, hair tossed over her shoulder in a long, flowing braid, and that dress hugging her body oh-so perfectly. He'd never seen her in such a way, and now, he wishes he saw her like this more often.

She looked stunning, and if it weren't for his currently stunned self, he would've listed off hundreds of more words to describe her.

Beautiful, graceful, elegant, breathtaking, awe-inspiring.

In that moment, he remembered just how desperate he had been to see her, and just how desperate he was now to reach out and touch her.

"I should be there," Bellamy says sadly, referring to the summit meeting. His gaze doesn't stray from the horizon, a plain look on his face.

Gina stares over at him, gnawing on her bottom lip.

She reaches over, squeezing his shoulder comfortingly. Unlike usual, it doesn't help. It doesn't ease any of his nerves and merely makes him feel more tense under her touch.

She retracts her hand, meekly saying, "But then you wouldn't be here with me."

Bellamy still appears lost in thought. It was as if he hadn't even heard her speak, turning to walk right past her and retrieve a box from the rover.

Then, he wordlessly marched past, heading towards the entrance of the mountain, while Gina stared after him, heart dropping to her stomach.

When Bellamy caught his excuse to finally join the meeting and see her, he had jumped at the opportunity, leading him here. Now, she was right there yet still so far away.

When Kane ordered him to stay back, he had been angry. Who was he to keep him away from Iona?

After all, the pair were deadly when together, yet a controlled type of chaos. She calmed him, and he made her homicidal urges disappear.

However, all of that anger disappeared once she gave him a smile. It was a small gesture, a tiny lift of her lips that would've gone unnoticed had his eyes not been trained on her face; still, it made his heart race.

He knew he needed to explain his sudden crashing of the summit meeting, but he couldn't speak. He was stunned into silence, his knees weakening as he continued to stare at her.

Bellamy was grateful for Clarke speaking, breaking the silence, and further releasing him from the trance he had been stuck in.

"What the hell is going on?"

"I don't know-" Lexa said, her voice gruff.

Bellamy shook his head, "It's the Ice Nation."

Ivon shakes his head, looking towards Lexa, "These accusations are ridiculous! The Ice Nation never stormed the summit with weapons, breaking our laws- that was the Skykru!"

"We're right about this," Pike adds in. "The two guards you left behind are dead already. We need to go- now!"

Iona feels her blood boil at the notice of his presence, but she tries to force herself to trust him. After all, he stands alongside Bellamy in this matter, and she trusts Bellamy.

If he says something's going on, then something's going on.

"How did you come by this information?" Iona questions, looking at Bellamy. He swallows thickly in response, glancing around for someone. When he glances back, a hopeless look on his face, she shakes her head, "Bellamy?"

He grumbles under his breath, scratching his head.

"What the hell is going on? Where is she?"

Octavia pipes up from behind, "Bells, maybe we were wrong about this."

He looks around, eyes darting down to his gun, "I don't understand..."

When Bellamy takes off his gun, he shakes his head, trying to figure out what had gone wrong. Were they misinformed? No, Echo was a reliable source- there's no way she'd lie. Did they get the timing wrong? No way. They hurried over as soon as possible.

So, what happened? What went wrong- and why?

"Bellamy-" Iona started, beginning to approach him. His distress was written across his face, and she wanted to attempt to comfort him.

However, she was interrupted by the sound of Raven's voice over their comms.

"Bellamy! Bellamy, come in! The grounders attacked Mt. Weather! It's gone... all of its gone. Sinclair and I are the only ones left... I'm so sorry- I'm so sorry!"

Pike stares at the floor, tears coming to his eyes.

His people.

All of them... gone.

Then, a look of the same pain struck Bellamy.

Gina.

Iona reached forward, but she was too far, her hand meekly grasping at the air. A heartbroken look was already etched upon Bellamy's face, and she felt a piece of herself beginning to break just as he currently was.

Ivon steps forward, taking advantage of everyone in the vulnerable states and beginning to talk, "You never should've moved your people back into Mt. Weather. The Ice Nation did what Lexa was too weak to do."

He was merely kicking someone- Bellamy- when they were already down, and Iona couldn't stop herself.

Within seconds, her katana had been drawn, a strangled cry escaping her lips as the blade met supple skin. A thick slicing sound echoed throughout the room as Iona's red dress was splattered with darker spots.

Ivon fell to the floor, his body falling to the left, and head falling to the right.

Then, as static filled her ears, she collapsed to her knees, sobs wracking her body.

Why did she do that?

Why did Iona put everything on the line to murder that man- when she knew it was a symbol of war?

Iona was heartbroken to admit it. Perhaps because she wasn't used to the feeling, or perhaps it was because Gina was now dead, or because it was officially a sign of weakness- of vulnerability she had never experienced before- but she had to.

She loved him, and it was slowly ruining her to do so.

━━━✦━━━