034 ━━ showdown

━━━✦━━━

CLARKE WATCHED the monitors, obviously seeing something that Iona missed, as she declared, "It's Emerson, he's coming for us."

Iona huffed, reluctantly tearing her stare from the monitor showing Cage, and glancing over to where she was looking. Just a few seconds before he appeared on the next monitor, Iona saw him running through the halls, headed straight for the control room.

"He's on a suicide mission," Iona said slowly, seemingly unphased by his adventure.

After all, she could take him out without seconds. A Mountain Man's training is dull when compared to a Trikru assassin, and Iona wouldn't fail to show him that head-on.

"No-" Clarke argued, shaking her head, "I don't want more blood."

Clarke's eyes found Bellamy's whilst Iona glanced around the room. It appeared as though everyone had come to the same conclusion as Clarke: no more blood. Everyone except Iona, that is.

After all, how could she?

Who knows how many Grounders they killed in their experiments in the sake of 'saving their people?' As Iona sees it, their people are doing just fine. They have plenty of food- they even have farms- and rushing water. They have oxygen, space, education.

Some of these things, even the Grounders lacked, and they lived on the ground.

The Mountain Men were nothing if not blessed, and Iona couldn't seem to shake that thought from her head.

Still very clearly frustrated from her inner thoughts, Iona ground down on her teeth and stalked to the corner, not hesitating to kick Dante's leg out of her way when she went to travel past the corpse.

"Emerson deactivated my keycard," Bellamy said, talking to Monty. "Think you can do that to his?"

Monty didn't hesitate, nodding immediately and taking a seat, "That one's easy."

While Monty did this, Bellamy's eyes scoured over the monitor, finding Cage's figure. He was in an isolated hallway, walking back to the party of people.

"Where's he goin'?"

They followed him, going through countless monitors until they witnessed him walking into a dark door, and Clarke's eyes darkened. Upon the next monitor, Iona saw him appear in the room where all the Sky People were being kept- and then he approached the man drilling into Raven.

For a moment- a short, brief moment- Iona thought maybe her threats had worked. By a miracle, based solely on the hope that Cage actually cared for his people and not himself, maybe. Or perhaps it was just naivety.

Iona didn't have enough to distinguish it, however, as that feeling soon washed away.

"Monty!" Clarke immediately cried, "Can you do it? Can you irradiate the level?"

"I can do it."

Bellamy shook his head, jumping in, "Wait a second, Clarke. We need to think about this. There are kids in there- and-and people who helped us."

Clarke nodded, "Yeah, well, give me a better idea. And no, Iona is not our suicide bomb, and she doesn't count as a plan! This is all we've got, Bellamy, and this is the best chance we'll get."

Iona wondered where her sudden outburst came from, but she didn't have to question, not when she saw Abby being put on the drilling table in the place of Raven. At this, Clarke seemed to become enraged; reckless.

"Do it," Iona said, throwing in her own judgment.

Clarke gave her a semi-grateful look, while still maintaining an obviously conflicted gaze, and Bellamy gave her the exact opposite. Iona could- very, very deep down, so deep she didn't even know this part of her existed- understand why he didn't want this to happen.

But, in the end, it needed to happen.

Everyone had suffered for far too long, all to save a race that didn't deserve to survive in the first place. Perhaps Mountain Men were, in fact, humans, but to Iona, but they were a completely different species.

One she had no interest in saving, nor did she care to take pity upon them- when, in the end, they had the best chances of survival than anyone else.

No, they were just greedy.

"If that were Lexa-" Iona says, her voice a tad bit shaky. No one seemed to appreciate the mention of the commander, but she didn't care, "-I wouldn't hesitate."

When everyone froze, Iona glanced back at the monitors behind her to see what they were staring at. She had looked at the perfect time, she decided, because she saw Octavia slide down, knocking over a warrior, and stabbing a knife through his neck.

Iona, despite the tense situation, smiled, grabbing her katana.

As four more guards flooded the halls behind her, she gave a side glance to Bellamy, taking note of his clearly concerned features, and sent him a nod, "I got her."

Then, when no one protested, Iona headed straight out the door, running down the halls to chase after the guards, and to save Octavia- who, arguably, didn't need saving.

Wouldn't hurt to have a little fun, though.

As she stepped out the door, however, she came face-to-face with Emerson, and growled at the sight.

Slamming the door shut behind her so neither of them could gain entry again, she took a dive at the man.

Emerson went flying into the wall opposite, a scowl overcoming his otherwise pretty face. He held his hands up, reaching for the woman's neck (since his gun had gone flying moments ago) and she took the opportunity to knee him in the stomach.

He wore a heavy body suit with lots of padding, so Iona merely hoped he felt the pain, and elbowed him in the chest.

Letting out a small grunt, he pushed Iona off of him, knocking her down to the ground. Her eyes narrowed at the katana a few steps away from her, and muttered, "No you fucking didn't."

When he grabbed her from behind, arms putting her in a chokehold, she remained silent, making very few efforts to escape his grasp, as she mustered up her strength. It was a move she'd only succeeded at a few times in training, so she hoped this worked- for the sake of her life.

Then, with renewed vigor, she hoisted herself off the ground, doing a small flip over him. She was supposed to land on his shoulders, but landing behind him would work too, she decided, as she was now within grasping range of his gun.

Kicking him in the back of his knee, she sent him tumbling and took the weapon between her hands.

She'd never used a gun before- never wanted to, never had to, and momentarily froze at the contact.

It felt strange in her hand- like it didn't belong, because in reality, it didn't- and within a moment, she opted for her katana instead. While Emerson gathered his strength, letting out little gasps with a dizzy head, she stepped over him and grabbed her katana.

To Emerson, this was a fight he was supposed to win.

She was a woman- a woman- and he'd never lost to a woman. One had never even made their battle squad. So, as he flipped over, coming face-to-face with the angry looking, threatening woman, he let out a small sigh, feeling the katana at his throat.

"Lights out," Iona smiled.

It was a sick, wicked, psychotic smile fueled by blood, but it also happened to be the last thing Emerson ever saw.

━━━✦━━━

longer chapter for you <3