2: Paradigm shifts and admin rights

The Lunarian Guide to the Blue World: Chapter 2 - Paradigm Shifts & Admin Rights

The exertion on the deck of the Moby Dick was beyond tense. The air was thick, making it hard to breathe and the internal pressure each man and woman on board was putting onto their shoulders, was weighing them down heavily. It was silent and not a single word had been spoken. A deafening silence, as it spoke louder as the burning hearts of the crew who were mentally fully prepared for the worst to come. If they'd managed to break out their commander and help him escape from Impel Down? Questionable. Even more so, if they'd make it in time. Their minds were already seeing a war before their eyes and a summit that would shake the world. But they would not stop. They would not turn away and they would do everything in their power to save their beloved brother, their commander, a son of Whitebeard.

Pop's gaze was dark, filled with worries and a burning desire to save his son while it met the point of the horizon, where it connected with the ocean's surface. "Ace...", his dark voice quietly echoed from his throat as his eyes closed for a prolonged moment. How could he let it come this far? Why did he not do everything in his power to stop his beloved child from chasing after the traitor Blackbeard? Again his eyes opened, but now his fatherly gaze slid through the ranks of his crew. Compassion, Love for his family but also a stern stare considering his position rested within his eyes, embodying the force of power he was as an Emperor of the Seas, as well as the nurturing care he presented his family with.

"We are going to free him... you'll see...", Marco murmured with a somewhat jovial tone, despite the severity of the situation. It was Ace who had taught him a great deal about seeing things on the brighter side, so he could only try his best and find some optimism to work its wonders. It was out of the question that the crew would come to save their commander.

They would walk through bloody hell if they had to! Therefore the name 'Ace' often echoed from them while they readied themselves for everything that was soon to come. The name of their commander, a quiet mantra to whisper before the storm would swallow the world whole. And even if so... they loved their brother, their crewmate. They loved him so very dearly and only wanted to know he was safe in their arms, in his room or on board again. This execution was madness. Madness they'd prevent at all costs, even if it meant that some of them would need to give their lives. Something Pops wouldn't let happen. The bonds of the Whitebeard Pirates were strong... a bond unbroken.

The gaze of Jozu of the third division laid upon the clouds in the sky while his mind also raced through various thoughts and worries, which one could not necessarily see on his rock hardened diamond face. His mood was probably just the same as everyone else's. Deprived of a good night's sleep, filled with concerns and anger, as well as brotherly love and tense foresights for the future. Tiredly he blinked once or twice when he felt like he had seen something moving between the clouds but eventually his rather empty stare came back to life when it began to observe the weird object in the clouds a little closer.

"Hey... say... What is that thing there?", he asked the question after a few seconds, drawing the attention of a few others to the moving object while also ponting one of his fingers to it.

"An attack?", another crewmate wondered, drawn out of his thoughts for a moment while getting up to get a better look at it.

"Maybe it's a meteorite or something like that? I mean, it's not like that's never happening. If it's a bigger one we get to see it crash into the sea.", Marco, the Blue Phoenix of the first division now added to the conversation, momentarily leaving the side of his father to join Jozu staring at the seemingly falling object. Meteorites truly weren't something too unusual. It was more unusual to see one that big or to be close enough to it to witness it's landing.