17: The Lunarian Guide and the Son of the Pirate King

"There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened." - The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Douglas Addams.

It took a little while until the cast came off her arm and the Moongirl had her injuries healed. Those few days were spent in a cosy bed joined by the Fire Fist keeping her warm continuously. Naturally, being cuddled up in a blanket was welcomingly enjoyable, but at times a somewhat boring business as well. With the aid of her friend, those days went by with a little less monotony, and before one could bat an eye, the girl was back on her feet, planning the next nonsense just as if this repulsively, sneaky attack on her life never happened. With each step to her recovery, Ace's smile grew bigger, happy to see that his little "Cheeks" was back on her track, causing chaos whenever possible and bringing laughter to everyone with nothing but her comedical sassy, bratty attitude.

It was a very rare sight to see Nemo alone, as Ace and her usually hang around together and often they did so all day long. But those past few days, the Space Pirate had been tinkering on her spaceship without the living soldering iron more often, or had been playing a few pranks all by herself. A weird occurrence in the quantum field... seeing the Fire Fist and his Fire Leech spending a few hours apart, just as if their particles were not inseparable in the first place.

There were some delicate topics the young commander had to think about, or more so, he had been chatting about those things with very few trusted individuals that knew about the matter.

His head was tied-up by this one, specific task ahead and it was the topic of his declaration of love concerning the Moongirl. Inside his mind all sorts of plans and ideas were spun, there were many deep holes he thought himself into and sometimes the mess inside his head caused him sleepless nights as well. What could go wrong? What if she doesn't feel this way about him? What if it would hurt their friendship if she did not? A beautiful disarray depriving him of a few hours of peace and quiet from time to time. Certainly, a matter that could bring the strongest men to their knees, as today would be the day... Or so he thought...

After sorting his inner tumult and being armed with somewhat of a plan, a rough idea, on how to start this topic, he eventually made his way to the working Whitehair in the early noon, while the Moby Dick slowly began to approach the shores of a summer-sun-paradise called "Aestas". An island known for many things. But what it was known most for, was the fact that this pirate-vacation-island was only accessible with an Eternal Pose, as well as a bigger name and reputation. No one needed to worry that the Marine was to come here, as they usually knew that this was a place that was run by pirates alone and the bounties cavorted here required a massive force to be dealt with. If Marines came by, they usually did not come too close to the island and always kept a safe distance on their own route when they had no choice but to cross these waters and its surrounding area. No trespassing... 

It was a rather dangerous place for the law and no one from the government had an invitation to party with the bunch of pirates for sure!

It was also a small little surprise for the Moongirl, as the crew knew that this island had insane amounts of the world's best coconuts, very hot weather, endless beaches and of course a lot of prank-worthy people around. It was a place they set their course to, so they all could have a few days off, relax, drink some more, have a few parties or whatever would be to their liking. Since the latest events, not only Nemo was definitely someone having a huge need for some vacation time!