11: Broski-Mode

// Nemo & Ben Action Picture at the end of this chapter: 

When her heterochromatic eyes opened, all Nemo could see for a few long minutes was a messy blur. There were sharp, stinging tunes ringing in her ears and her head felt like it had been punched by a jackhammer multiple times.

The next thing she could notice was a horrible cold surrounding her and when she tried to move, she noticed that her motions were heavily restricted. It took a few, long seconds for her sight to clear up and only when it did, she could see that she was in some sort of storage chamber. Some sort of cool fridge. After she finally managed to get into a sitting position, she felt how tightly the cuffs on her were, cutting off her blood circulation towards her hands and her feet.

Being alone for the time being, she somehow managed to get her hands, bound to her back, to her front, where it was a tricky task to get her fingers to reach the screen of her bracelet. There were some gashes on her bracelet, so, the assumption that the enemy had tried to remove it from her was an obvious one. In Impel Down they tried to remove this bracelet from her as well and they could not do so. Good! In order to be able to remove the bracelet at all, they needed admin rights and Nemo sure wasn't giving those to anyone.

Click. Peeps. *booting sounds*

"Ben. BEN! Wake up you incompetent asstrumpet! You can come out of your corner of shame! You got my position?" She quickly asked, using the transmitter on her bracelet to contact her assistant robot and also to transmit her whereabouts directly to it. She spoke quietly but aggressively, whispering harrowingly. Ensuring that if someone was around, they would not hear her immediately.

"Roger. Roger." It echoed back, quietly. Ben's metallic voice confirmed. Hearing this robot-idiot's tune definitely calmed her nerves a little bit, making her exhale a long breath.

"We got a situation here. Some asshole-squad abducted me or some sick shit! Tell the others and bring my guns... Broski-Mode!" She spoke her order into the mic, trying to blow warm air onto her fingers as well in order to move them a little better.

"Roger, Boss. Which arsenal would you like to use?" Ben asked, its voice now sounded a lot more serious compared to the jolly persona it usually was.

"Plasma Gun, Meltabombs and Panzerschocker... and... Ben? ... Please... hurry..."

Now that was seriously a bad situation! If Nemo used the word 'please' talking to her robot, then this meant that shit was going down very, very fast. An ice cold shiver ran down the Moongirl's spine as she heard the bang of a door nearby being pushed open violently. The sounds of the steps of a group of people coming closer to her echoed through the hall and the dark whispers of many slowly began to resound.

It already had been a challenge to use her bracelet and communicate with Ben at all. The way they had bound her ensured she did not have an easy time doing so in the first place, but now that she knew that there were people coming to approach her, the bad feeling in her gut only got worse. How the heck was she supposed to fight? Bound like this she couldn't even punch back when she wanted to!

What did she ever do to them? Why was it so wrong that she lived? Why were Lunarians hated so much, that the leadership of this world did everything to ensure they never existed in the first place? And why did she put friends in danger being alive in this world? They had nothing to do with 'whatever conspiracy nonsense' this was!

The cheeky Mechanician didn't want to cry and fought her tears, holding them back, grinding her teeth. But when the picture of Ace being injured popped back into her mind, she could not help but shed some of the tears she tried desperately to hide...