23: Alliqui - 2.0

//The latest chapters will be updated with proper cover-art at a later point ^^ I still have many artworks to make for this fanfiction, so pls stay tuned :3 

You can also follow my art & additional story content on my IG: 

https://www.instagram.com/r0tt3n_rabbit_/

com/r0tt3n_rabbit_/

+++

A wave of blue flames prevented the undead brother from striking a finishing blow that would've resulted in a fatal injury; a wave that gifted them just a few seconds to recollect and reorganise their thoughts. This boy, this lunarian, Nemo's brother... he was a weapon now. He was no longer who he used to be. He had been turned into the very same menace the seraphim represented. A weapon programmed to have only one cause: annihilate all traces of lunarian DNA in this world. 

"I'll get her out of here. I'll bring her to the Moby Dick and take care of her wounds. I'll be alarming the rest of the Crew and Pops, you guys just hold on for a few minutes!" Marco voiced hastily, taking no time to act before seeing Ace confirm this course of action with a nod and the tension written in his features. "She is losing too much blood, the cooling-off is too fast. She might lose her arm, but maybe I can at least prevent her from losing her life! Ace, hurry up, we will need a lot of fire to help her later as well!" The urgency of the situation spoke for itself, yet Marco tried to voice somewhat calming words, trying to keep the group focused and not act out of anger. Albeit he could understand that rage was taking over, he needed the group to keep their eye on the target and not fall into blind wrath. 

The matter was more than just "pressuring" and yet Nemo struggled against the body of the Fire Fist holding her in place. "I'M OKAY! JUST LET ME GO! I CAN HELP HIM! ALLIQUI! PLEASE LISTEN TO ME! IT'S ME! NEMO! I MISSED YOU SO MUCH! PLEASE COME TO YOUR SENSES! WE'RE NOT YOUR ENEMIES!" The girl wouldn't stop screaming, she wouldn't stop crying and she wouldn't stop being stubborn no matter how obvious the fact was, that her life was quite literally on the line right here.

"Nemo.... This is NOT your brother! Alliqui would've never hurt you like that! Go with Marco. That is an order, do you hear me?!" It pained him to talk to his beloved like this, but given the situation, Ace pretty much had no other choice but doing so. It stung to voice an order in that tone, as he only wanted her to feel safe and tell her that everything would be okay. He knew he'd be lying if he'd state things like that... He knew that Marco was the only one who could save his cheeky Space Pirate right now and he was the only once standing between his fiance and her gone mad brother. 

"Please don't hurt him!"

"Nemo! Just listen! Please! We don't have time for - " Ace couldn't finish his words as the blade of the brother rushed past him, evaded by a mere second he could see the haunted fury in the crimson eyes of the Lunarian attacking them.