13: ... and thank you for the hat, Cheeks!

After one miserable hour of even more miserable sleep the Moongirl woke up again. Feeling her own heart beat strongly and loudly, she also nearly felt as if this vital organ was about to escape her own chest. A dreadful nightmare caused her trauma to flare up behind her heterochromatic eyes and her witty mind. Cold sweat ran down her forehead, her breathing was laboured and her body tensed up immediately. Naturally, as her medical surveillant, Ben turned on in an instant, noticing the horrible medical data of its master. "Boss. Everything is alright. You had a nightmare again. You are not in danger. You are in your cabin... You are home... with your family... the Moby Dick, your Crew.". To the robot this sort of behaviour was beyond normal and by now, its programm had been fine-tuned to be sensitive if the stress level of its Boss was high.

"I know... I know... just another dream..." It was nothing but a whisper escaping the painfully dry mouth of the Lunarian and it took her a few minutes to compose herself, get her heartbeat to slow down and her muscles to relax. As always the girl tried to lay down once she calmed down a little. As always she curled up under the thick, heavy heating-blanket. And unfortunately, as always, she woke up a few miserable minutes later once again, the process repeating itself. Fall asleep. Have a nightmare. Twist and turn. Shoot awake. Cry. Calm down. Try again. Repeat... It just wouldn't stop!

Nearly a year had passed since the destruction of Fairy Vearth and multiple months had passed since the horrors of Mariejois took place. Regardless of this fact, it still haunted her as if everything that happened, took place just a day ago. The gruesome pictures of what she witnessed replayed themselves in her mind unasked for and there was nothing she could do, besides distracting herself as best as she could. So, the Space Pirate eventually lifted herself out of bed, brushed through her hair before eventually taking a seat at the desk in her cabin. Opening a drawer she took some materials stored inside, placed them onto the table, flattened out a blueprint pattern and started to work, so she could occupy her mind with something else rather than posttrauma. Instead of technology the girl was working on something entirely different here. A few pearls were painted in a red colour. A tassel was dyed as well and pieces of orange fabric had been cut out. Of course there were a bunch of things Nemo was working on. There were countless bombs and guns to be built. There was the Omnis needing repairs. There was the matter of preparing countless bracelets with anti-bullet shields. But this here? This was something different and to the cheeky brat from space, it was just as important as anything else.

After a while she stopped her work. Cracking her neck and yawning loudly, she stretched her arms before getting up and grabbing her blanket to toss it around herself. "Ben. Would you finish this for me? You only need to sew these pieces together according to the pattern I placed here and you only need to give the skull there a little shading in colour...", she asked her assistant, smiling unusually friendly in its direction to see it saluting and confirming that it understood her order. With a light smile she opened the door, turning around one more time to voice a simple, "I'll be going for a short walk. Contact me if you need any updates. Contact me also if you notice drastic weather changes. Alright?".

"Roger. Roger!" Ben confirmed again before taking a place on the seat at the desk to do what it had been asked for.

With her blanket she theoretically didn't need to worry about dropping temperatures, but since the latest incident a couple of weeks ago, where she went outside at late-night for a walk and then got taken by surprise when a cold-weather-anomaly occurred, she was rather safe than sorry. Cryostasis was a nightmare to live through and it always was a horribly painful experience as well, so, if she could, she always tried to avoid such events. Of course she also did not want the Fire Fist to be her permanent babysitter who needed to keep her warm as if this was his new life purpose. It wouldn't be fair. It wouldn't be right and she'd never dare to expect such a thing from anyone. She also did not wish to be a burden on others...