16: The Lunarian Menace

"Behind you...".

An icy voice, void of emotion, resonated hauntingly behind the two girls, sending a terrifying shiver through the spine of the Moongirl and the Ice Witch. A figure of crystalised ice appeared out of nowhere, seemingly materialising his final form to be recognised just seconds after, and intruding as fast as if it was an avalanche these two couldn't have dodged or countered.

The Iceman had taken the arm of the dainty Mechanician with a violently swift motion so stormingly that his rapid movement blurred before their eyes. With his grasp he forced the Space Pirate's gun out of her hand, which dropped to the ground with a dull, snow-muffled sound. While covering her body painstakingly slow with a layer of ice as he also brutally pushed Whitey Bay aside, freezing her feet to the ground with a mere snap of his fingers and letting an imprisoning, cold layer grow on her simultaneously as well, making her struggle to free herself from that slowly forming prison of ice. The enemy the two girls faced all of the sudden, showed no mercy, no sign of heart or soul. A man as cold as the very Devil Fruit that gave him his name...

"Let go of me, Asshole!" Nemo screamed aggressively, struggling desperately against the tall man's grip and the forming ice in a futile attempt to free herself.

"You'll be going nowhere but back to Mariejois." Aokiji spoke quietly, continuously deep freezing Whitey to stop her from taking action, causing her rage to grow all the more so.

"Stop that!"

Moving her free hand, so she could tap something onto her technological bracelet in an attempt to let Ben know via transmission to bring more of her guns and raise all alarms, she suddenly felt the Admiral's icy claw preventing her motion. This fruitless endeavour to call for aid ultimately let the Iceman grab her arm and break the bone of it ruthlessly...

The pain caused by this atrocious action of a shattered marrow voiced itself in a loud, painful scream, echoing agonisingly from the shocked Lunarian...

Fueled by her rage witnessing this horrible action and her worry for Nemo, the Ice Witch managed to break through some of the formed ice to get back onto her feet. Reacting with a swift attempt to attack the Admiral despite her own condition, her sword cut through his arm, which only materialised anew shortly after. And yet she tried again, screaming and yelling, hoping to be able to do anything about this nightmare.

There was no time to wonder where he suddenly came from, or how he managed to hide his presence all this time, despite this icy island naturally giving him some coverage and him being a spy-like fighting class not to be underestimated. There was no time to second guess, their best bet was to get the Moongirl free somehow and then immediately alarm the boys inside the pub.

"Let her go, you Bastard! What do you want from her? What is it, that - !" Her intentionally overly loud screaming to cause attention muffled abruptly, silenced in an instant as she hit the ground once again, after a sudden motion of Admiral Kuzan before her occurred. Feeling the chill their sudden enemy brought with much more severity this time, Whitey's lips froze shut, her body solidified completely and her heart sensed a chill matching the one of the wintry, last circle of hell.

At the same time, the door to the pub swung open with a loud bang and a swift motion. The very moment the alarmed crew saw what was happening to their girls, and what the scream they heard meant, they were in a frenzy, though there was one person in this crew, who's fury at this moment couldn't be matched by any inferno possible. A fist of fire hit the Pheasant with a Haki loaded force and no hint of hesitation. A heavy attack giving Ace also his name, which unfortunately only caused the Admiral to disappear and reappear in the form of ice, without letting go of the crystalised sculpture that now was Nemo.