14.5: Interchapter - A cure for Drowsiness

It started with loud yawning,  the stretching of her weary arms, sleepy countenance and struggles to keep occupied

It started with loud yawning,  the stretching of her weary arms, sleepy countenance and struggles to keep occupied. At some point the heterochromatic eyes of the Lunarian shut close, determined to only rest for two seconds. But eventually the force of sleep overcame her, causing her body to relax and find rest against the young commander she had been sitting next to. It was the middle of the day, the sun shone bright, very little clouds were to be seen and one should assume that a young lady like her, would be fit for the day, especially when a good breakfast awaited her every single morning. But sudden naps like this occurred more often as time went by, causing Nemo to randomly fall asleep, passing out within seconds and drooling peacefully in a quiet, serene slumber.

Feeling the Space Pirate lean against him all of the sudden, Ace wrapped one of his arms around her, radiating some fiery heat at the same moment, assuming she was feeling cold again. Stabilising her somewhat using the other arm, he watched the little Mouse before realising she fell asleep like this again.

"Normally it is you who is falling asleep at random times. But that illness of yours seems to have taken over our moon-rascal too." Marco commented, noticing the scene from the corner of his eyes while caring for Pops, and occasionally joining the conversations between the crew on deck.

"Well, maybe I'm just being too comfy. She needs the heat afterall." The Fire Fist replied gently, talking a little more quietly, so he wouldn't wake her up. But as Ben began to speak, his expression changed from a lightly smirking and quite happy one, to a worried one.

"I'm not surprised Boss passes out from time to time. She still hasn't really slept since the events of Fairy Vearth happened. As her medical surveillant, I know that less than a few minutes of sleep every other night is not supportive to her system."

"What do you mean by 'less than a few minutes' of sleep? Wait? Is she still keeping awake? I thought the issue was resolved and she was okay now? I'm not the doctor here, but this sounds really bad if you ask me...", the blackhaired pirate replied to the robot, before looking back at the sleeping Moongirl leaning against him, mumbling inaudible 'nothings' such as "Alliqui...you jerk..."

"Of course this isn't healthy. Ben told me all about it. I'm surprised she actually functions at all like this. Normally people would go insane or lose their mind at such severe somnolence. But what is the reason for this extreme insomnia? Is she still working all day and night?" Marco wanted to know worryingly, turning his attention to Ben as well.

"Correct, Sir. Since trauma occurred her brain only works with half of its possible capacity due to this. -".

"Half capacity? Nemo calculates stuff I've never been able to imagine in less than a second." Jozu added to the conversation, sitting beside Pops and Marco, listening in to the chatter.

"In less than 0,00001 seconds, Sir."

"Yeah, yeah. We get it. Alien-Brain and whatnot...", the Diamond-Man grumbled, replying to the  bot perfoming his wisenheimer-mode.